“Base for San Marino”
Review of Hotel Accademia

Hotel Accademia
Ranked #8 of 630 Hotels in Rimini
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here as a base to visit San Marino. The hotel staff is super helpful with directions, how to get bus from San Marino, etc.

Breakfast: included. Nice selection of meats, cheeses, pastries, fruits, coffees, juices, cereal, etc.

Rooms: our room had nice space to it and was clean. My only complaint is that the carpet was stained and looks like it should be replaced.

Location: about a block's walk from the public Rimini beach.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights last week on a driving tour of Italy which always involves going to the MotoGP at Misano.

The management and staff were amazing in the way they helped me during my stay where I had a problem with my car which required it being taken into a garage. I am sorry but I didn’t get the girls name (Oana I think) but she was exceptionally helpful and is a real credit to the business. The way she was able to translate the problem I had to the mechanic was nothing short of amazing (Her English is probably better than mine!!) and that is after the staff were able to find somebody able to deal with the problem on my car in the first place.

My wife and I also noted how everybody (including cleaners etc.) were always smiling and always said “Hello” or “How are you?” etc.

The hotel in general was also wonderful being clean and tidy, excellent for the beach and also a huge car park. We felt very safe as well as welcome.

We travel to Italy an awful lot as we go to the MotoGP race in Misano, the F1 in Monza every year and we do a lot of site seeing around the major Italian cities, Rome, Milan, Bologna, Venice etc. and we have stayed in many hotels across the whole of Italy with different star ratings and different amenities, without any doubt this hotel is the best of the lot. Next time we are in Rimini we will have no hesitation in booking there again and we will recommend The Accademia to everybody

1  Thank MalcolmEBoo
Reviewed 14 September 2013

You read some of these reviews and think to yourself ' really, could it be true', well let me tell you about the Accademia hotel. IT'S ALL SO TRUE. Antonella, Ouna and Barbara are brilliant, amazing, fantastic their customer service levels are beyond anything that I've had before. The hotel is clean, well serviced, great location for the beach. For couples or adults looking for a great place to stay while enjoying an amazing area it is perfect. It has no pool, but with the biggest and the best equipped beach in Europe on your door step who needs a pool. A great breakfast that offers a long time to make sure you make it down to it but no Resturant for lunch or Evening meal but with loads of Resturant's close by or a small drive away to Rimini centre who needs one. What I liked, Free car parking, wi-fi ( not the quickest but it done me), the maids were brilliant, choice of pillows, clean towels everyday, safe ( big enough for two I pads and more ). I could go on for a long while .....just book it, because we are already booking it for a long weekend already, and we have only been back 3 hours...

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the upgrades, it's worth it.
1  Thank William L
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have travelled the world for business and pleasure but Antonella,Barbara and Ouna stand out as being exceptional at looking after their hotel guests ,they all worked incredibly hard to offer their clients the most comfortable of stays.

We stayed at this hotel for 10 very pleasant days with access to the children friendly beach seconds away and with Rimini city centre a brisk walk

My wife and I totally agree with the other reviews of Hotel Accademia.

A great place.

Graham and June Berry ,of Petworth Sussex

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We spent a wonderful and relaxing summer week in the end of July, 2013, at this charming hotel. Our choice was mainly based on previous reviews here on tripadvisor, and we can only agree with all the positive reviews. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and attentive so don't bother if you're not familiar with Rimini and its surroundings and what to do, where to eat, etc. - Antonella, Oana, and Barbara will be glad to help you out. The breakfast (which is served until 12!) is outstanding for an Italian hotel and don't miss Antonella's homemade pastries. The hotel is located in a quiet area in Rivabella, Rimini, but still very close to the beach (less than a minute's walk) and restaurants. Downtown Rimini is reachable within a few minutes with bike, bus, or car or by a 20 minutes walk. We will for sure return to this lovely hotel and can just warmly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MartenKJ
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I always mean to write a review after a good or bad stay at a hotel, but always seem to put it off, until now! Believe the good reviews they are all true, I wont repeat all thats been said before, but just a snapshot of our experience for the last 2 weeks.
The Hotel Accademia and particularly the staff (Antonella, Oana & Barbara in particular) have just given us our most relaxing and personal holiday ever. As soon as you arrive, which in our case was 3 hrs early, nothing is too much trouble, and all the staff know your name, offering breakfast and drinks whilst our room was being prepared - with a different type of pillow for each of us, chosen beforehand when Antonella emailed to ask if there was anything we would like to make our stay more comfortable, (I began to have a good feeling when that arrived!!) We travelled with our 15 year old son, and found that as opposed to Rimini and their busy roads, Rivabella beach was almost traffic free, and only 50m from the beach, so we were happy he could come and go from the beach to the hotel as he pleased, to use their free wi-fi, which is available throughout the hotel grounds, as well as free bikes, which are very handy.
If you fancy a cheap night, then the local pizza takeaway delivers to the door, and plates and cutlery etc, to eat on the decking or your balcony are presented, they even order for you - Prego!!!
You will always find someone cleaning or gardening 24 hrs a day here, and the bathrooms are beautiful. If you stay anywhere else in Rivebella you will be disappointed I promise you.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Rimini, and would definitely stay here next time I am in here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Spainy2
Reviewed 6 August 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel, the fantastic front desk assistant (I think her name was Barbara) greeted us, and immediately offered to complete our check-in as we were offered complimentary ice cold juice with some crisps outside in their lovely seating area. This was so appreciated, as we just walked from the train station (not realising there was a bus straight to the hotel). After that, we were personally shown to our rooms, and felt very taken care of. The hotel had asked us ahead of time regarding pillow choice, and this was present in the room on arrival.

The room was a little small, but was perfectly decorated and had many amenities. The bedding was second to none, and super comfortable. The bathroom was large, with a great shower, and looked brand new. We also had a balcony, with two chairs and a table, which was wonderful for lazy evenings.Spent an entire evening on the balcony, just enjoying the location and the serenity.

The hotel is located in a quieter part of Rimini, with access to a stunning clean beach just 2 minutes walk away. The building is lovely, and the hotel and room was spotless. The bathroom was so clean, you could smell the freshness as soon as you entered it.

Breakfast was delightful. Coffee was served at the table, and you were always asked if you wanted any more. The waitress was most helpful and very attentive. If she saw you wanting for anything, she would ask you how she could help. The offerings were delicious, with sausages, eggs, pastries, cakes and other various treats. Everything was always quickly replenished when running low.

The staff really stand out at this hotel. They knew your room, gave you a warm welcome every time you enter the hotel, and always smiled warmly when you departed for the day. The service was truly five-star. They really did care about all guests, and wanted to make sure the stay was perfect.

Loved the room, bathroom, bed, breakfast and location. If you visit Rimini, this hotel is a must. You will leave feeling very taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends