“Rude waiter, wrong food”
Review of La Fratta

La Fratta
Price range: US$31 - US$314
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Seems we maybe turned up on a very bad day, reading previous reviews. Went for lunch and was incredibly disappointed. Overhearing me speaking German with my friend the waiter started being pretty disrespectful and on taking my order going "ja klar herr kommandant". Seriously? Then, once my food came it wasn't what I ordered - when asked why, apparently the kitchen "didn't have maltagliati". But instead of asking what I wanted instead, he just brought me something completely differeng, which I hadn't ordered. It wasn't particularly tasty; nothing to write home about at all. Incredibly disappointing.

1  Thank cinzanino

Reviewed 16 March 2013

My wife and I were in the Republic of San Marino in September 2012. We decided to take a bus from Rimini to the republic and had a great time exploring the hilltop town. La Fratta is a family run restaurant and the owner is very gracious. I met him on the main floor next to the restaurant's wood fired grill where he was grilling lamb chops and sausages. Potatoes were roasting on an open fire on a rotisserie spit. The dining room upstairs overlooked the street and the place was busy. Rule #1 if you want a decent meal go to a busy restaurant. If the place is empty during prime time then you should probably read between the lines. La Fratta filled up within 30 minutes from the time we were seated. They had a large selection of pizzas, pasta, grilled meats and salads. We decided to have pizza and it was excellent. The freshest of ingredients and a glass of red. Wines were decently priced and the staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing. I would give La Fratta an 8 out of 10. The one minus was that the day was cold and the dining room was a bit cool.

Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

This was last on our list of places to try, on a cold December night; most places were closed or the waiters couldn't be bothered to stop talking and come over to seat us so we wandered in. The waiter could not have been more affable - a Croatian, Peter Lorre lookalike - and made us most welcome.
We had the set menu and house wine, and while the food wasn't Michelin star standard it was better than expected in both quality and quantity!
Perhaps because the place was empty when we went in (it started to fill later) we had no problems being rushed. And while there was no pizza or chicken, what there was was delicious.
But what really made it was the waiter; not too formal and friendly enough to chat.
The portions are huge and the cost is reasonable. Try it.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

La Fratta is a nice place to eat. It's well located and you have a nice view from up there. Food is delicious and well served. If you like eating well and a lot. That's the place for you. For me it was too much, good, but too much. I couldn't even care for dessert, which I love. I recommend the place anyway.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Had the grilled seafood platter for 2 (waiter had to check whether it was available, indicating they may have been a bit short). Prawns overcooked, waiter butchered the fish when filleting and de-boning it in front of us. The waiter also tried to persuade us into ordering extra meals when we didn't want any. Also didn't have our choice of wine. Prefer another place to eat.