“Very poor experience...”

Buffet da Pepi
Ranked #49 of 828 Restaurants in Trieste
Cuisines: Italian, German, Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Udine, Italy
“Very poor experience...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was expecting a better experience in this restaurant. The position is very good (few step away from Piazza Unità d'Italia) and there are many people that sit here to eat something. I think that this is the meaning because this place is still open.
The dishes they serve are the poor dishes from the local tradition: boiled meats with some side dishes (saukerkraut at first) or sandwiches with boiled meat, ham, and so on.
they do not offer much more to eat. You can drink beer or wine. The food is poor but cooked very well and if you like such things you will be satisfied.

There are some seat outside and also inside and the atmosphere is the same from ages.

The service is very rough and I cannot bear this thing. I don't think that is a good idea to treat someone you never see before in such a rough and unkind manner the waiter treat us but I was with friend and and the end we enjoy the stay. I think that I was alone or with someone else things would have been different.

The bill was very very salty. We eat six sandwiches, two mixed dishes of the house two bottles of water, two beers and we payed almost 90€

I don't think I will come back in this place too soon.

• Visited September 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Trieste, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
“tasty but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I went there for dinner, I had heard about this place from my italian friends. I decided to eat the mixed dish and red wine as it is suggested in the menu. It was good, tasty, enough food for one person, perhaps if you are really hungry it's not enough... but i had that feeling about something was missing. Service is good, waiters are very kind, the service is quite fast. Maybe it is so famous that I had very high expectation. Anyway, if you are in Trieste you can try it

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kelvin T
Louisiana
“Part of the Trieste Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Tried to go here during lunch one day and it was packed. Came back for an early evening meal. I think this is more about the experience of a traditional buffet than complicated cuisine. My traveling companion and I enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff. The food was plain but good. Be sure and go hungry for meat. It is in the travel books so we felt we had to try it.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank elana25
“Yummy but nothing incredible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was not so impressed by this restaurant. I've heard a lot about it and while the food was decent, it was very plain. I don't think I would urge anyone to visit unless they specifically want a plain pork sandwich. The meat was very yummy but nothing incredible. Service was good though, very friendly people and it's close to Piazza unita but it can get very windy on the terrace.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank katmac1989
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“An experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Sauerkraut mustard sausages or boiled pig what i had was delicious but please do not go if yuo are a vegeterian. Service fast very friendly in a central location

• Visited April 2013