We stayed for one night at the Savoia Excelsior as we were going to a concert in Trieste. We were only looking for a reasonably priced crash-pad, but a night here was such good value (if booked well enough in advance) that we took the opportunity. Unlike some reviewers, we didn't have the spectacular view, but at the price we paid we really didn't expect one and the glorious room itself, which was spacious clean and tasteful with a huge bed, more than made up for the lack of a view. We found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was more than adequate. Overall we were very impressed and I would definitely choose to stay here again if I ever planned to go back to Trieste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starhotels Savoia Exclesior Palace in the heart of Trieste... A magnificent seafront hotel with views over the Gulf and the historic Castello di Miramare.Completely refurbished, the Savoia Excelsior Palace exudes grand hotel charm through numerous prestigious details. Ornate boiseries...Monogrammed cushions... There's even a Belle epoque-style skylight brightening the Lounge.Enjoy exquisite food and spectacular sea views in our Mitteleuropean restaurant and bar. Our luxury hotel features 144 rooms and glorious suites...9 Elegant meeting rooms, most with natural light, with a total capacity for up to 650 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoia Excelsior Palace – Starhotels Collezione reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace Hotel Trieste
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace Trieste