“delicious ice creams and sorbets”
Review of Gelato Marco

Gelato Marco
Ranked #2 of 40 Dessert in Trieste
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Across from Copacabana, the pizzeria, and very close to Teatro Romano is Gelato Marco. Local friends led us to it, to discover numerous sorbets, including 4-5 chocolate-based flavors (this from someone who really is not a chocolate lover) and imaginative ice-cream flavors with texture and taste. Italian gelato at its best!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place is rather famous around the web. On my first visit I was a bit taken aback on how small the place is. But you can't argue with the quality of the gelatos! They have a great variety and they have a list of those on their website.

I think there are only two tables inside, but there is a low wall outside where you can sit and have your gelato. Since it's really near the Piazza Unita D'Italia and the small Roman Theater you can walk to either of those to find a nice view to accompany the tasty treat.

During summer Trieste gets really (really!!) warm, so I would advise you on getting a cup rather than a cone if you don't want to make a lot of mess. If you don't mind a little mess then go for the cone (very crunchy!).

If you are around the center of Triest it's well worth a visit!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very nice ice-cream, but it was very hot, a lot of people standing and about to faint from the heat, including a pregnant lady. Two people serving ice-creams: one girl, painfully slow, and another lady chatting with a friend, careless even of the first clients that left due to the long wait... when I finally got the ice-cream cone in my hand, it was half-melted! I won't come back! there's other as-nice ice-cream in town, with nice people serving it!

2  Thank InColdBlood
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

What a delicious gelato. I am a self confessed gelato aficionado having grown up in the industry. And this was extremely good. Easily amongst the best in Italy.

3  Thank delche76
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

They have gluten and milk free gelato, but wouldn't advice it to the allergic people, because they use always the same scooper for both.
Good ice cream.

GelatoMarco, Proprietario at Gelato Marco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Sir,
in reply to your recent review,i would like to inform you that the portioning scoop we use for serving our ice cream are rinsed whenever we serve a different flavour as we certainly did wen you came.
we have a washing system that provides clean running water to avoid cross contaminations as we have also several milk and gluten free ice creams.
During the season I get periodical internal laboratory analysis to ensure a good quality of ice cream.
Lastly if a costumer has mayor problem we try to be more careful than our daily routine to sum up I would therefore like you to visit our ice cream parlour to show you how we work
your faithfully