“Everything we wanted”
Review of B&B Hotel Udine

B&B Hotel Udine
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Udine
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is reasonably priced, has friendly staff, a good location and a nice Italian breakfast.

Our room was reasonably spacious and comfortable. Obviously basic at this price point, but it was just what we were looking for (though an iron in the room would be nice). Very clean.

We did request an upper level for the view (early booking too), we instead got second floor, looking at a balcony covered in construction scrap from a renovation...

Would recommend to anyone looking for somewhere friendly and comfortable to spend a few nights in Udine.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
BBHotels_Italia, Sede Centrale at B&B Hotel Udine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hello and thanks a lot for your opinion! We are always very pleased that our customers are satisfied by their stay. Come and visit us also in other Italian cities like Florence, Padua, Milan, Verone, Turin, Rome, Pisa, Bologne, Ferrara, Ravenna Faenza, Mantova

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The very very good hotel for its class: the room was spacious, the bed had a comfort mattress and a cozy blanket, pillows had looked firstly too thin but turned out to be quite comfortable as well. The bathroom was a bit too basic: I don't ask for anything luxury, but a couple of simple shelfs (especially in the shower cabin) would have made it much more handy.
The Internet access was fast and worked well.
The breakfast was reach and cost less than usual.
There is enough free parking space nearby, no problem to park a car.
An interesting new (for us) feature was a check-in machine at the entrance, we didn't try to us it but it looked like it is possible for guests to check-in and receive a key themselves, without the staff.
In the whole we can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel is modern, clean. the rooms are spotless and the bed linen good quality.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
Book direct with them as trivago/expedia do not provide a better price than what is posted at the hotel and charged at the door. I was quoted more through expedia than what was charged at the hotel and I got a discount for the difference.
I was allowed to keep my room until 1pm, when check out is normally at 12, so as to be able to shower after the marathon.
The hotel is within 10 minutes walking distance from the major attractions of the city center.
Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

really nice hotel, basic but everything you could want. we spent a night here on our way to venice and were pleasantly surprised by how stunning Udine is.
the hotel staff were friendly and helped us find our way around a new place.
the price was reasonable for everything that we wanted and got.
would recommend a stay there!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed one night at the beginning of our trip. The B&B was pretty much "no nonsense, what you see is what you get", with a good continental breakfast, which surprised us because Italians don't usually do continental, they're more into espresso & sweets (breakfast is not included, but you can book it with your room or just pay there at the reception) We got a good night's sleep and were able to take a closer look at Udine's city center, which was close to the hotel (basically a 10 min walk). The hotel gave us a map and explained everything (spoke English). You don't really need a car in Udine, so we were happy to put ours in the hotel garage. Our room was a good size, very clean and nicely furnished. All in all it was a great experience and if ever in Udine, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MimmiVienna
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I took a trip to Europe to see Italy, Austria and Slovenia. I was supposed to stay with a friend for the entire trip, but was supremely disappointed by the rude and condescending attitude of my so called host. I quickly got online and searched for a reasonably priced hotel. I checked many locations and found the Hotel President; now called Hotel B&B Udine. A fine place to stay for 1 or 2 people. They allow your pets as well! Bonus. Very clean and a very reasonable price. 39 euros per night for a single occupant and they have all you can eat breakfast in the lobby cafe for 6.90 euros and 3.50 for the bambino's. I highly recommend this place if you are on a budget or just don't require over the top luxury services. The friendly staff were more than hospitable and I plan to stay here again if I return to Udine. This place is 1 hour from many Ski areas in the nearby Alps/Dolomites. As well, only 1 hour to the sea for summertime fishing and relaxation.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 5th floor. Views of the city center and the Alps in the distance. My room was #51...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed at the President B &B hotel in Udine for a sports event. My room was a single room with one big bed, TV, nice funcitional clean bathroom, a window that opens and very nice helpful staff.
I enjoyed my room on the 5th floor. If you have lot's of bags or heavy bags, you do not want the 5th floor as you have to walk up a flight of stairs.
My bed was great, the breakfast was great. I asked if breakfast could be open early because our sports event started ealy, they said no problem, and it was ready in the morning earlier. Very nice and happy staff!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo