“Magical memories”
Review of Da Cecio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corniglia
Da Cecio
Ranked #10 of 13 Corniglia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Weve dined in nearly ninety countries and never had better meals than those we enjoyed at Cecio. The cliffside setting over the Ligurian Sea, the friendly staff that makes you feel like you're dining with family, the lovingly and exquisitely prepared, Ligurian inspired cuisine, and the outstanding local wines make for a truly unforgettable experience. We went back again and again. This is a genuinely old world family run establishment where they take great pride and care in making your evening memorable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2013

While the view from our room was amazing- I would not recommend staying at this hotel. The website is very deceiving. There was no breakfast, no wifi, and no air conditioning. The room was very basic and we felt that the service we received was very poor. We felt very unwelcome at both the hotel and the restaurant and were almost pushed out the door the next day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed in early May for a few days on our first visit to Cinque Terre. Although we had little knowledge of all the towns, we had originally wanted to stay in one of the end towns, but we're so grateful we ended up in Corniglia. Monterosso and Riomaggiore were both packed with tourists and this town was much quieter in the evening. The rooms are very simple, but for €70/night, we had a balcony on the front with an incredible view of the water and hillsides which made up for the lack of decor. Honestly, I would have been willing to pay €100/night in hopes that they would invest the money in some newer, more comfortable mattresses. It would still be a bargain in Cinque Terre. But otherwise, the rooms were clean and roomy. We drove in by car and we highly recommend coming in through LaSpezia and then following the signs to Cinque Terre, which avoids most of the bad roads still damaged from the storm. The restaurant downstairs was excellent and we highly recommend the sea bream and the tuna steak. Cristina, Jacinto, and the rest of the staff were all very friendly and helpful. In the rare moments they had to relax from the business of the restaurant, they were enjoyable conversationalists. In retrospect, we are so glad we ended up in Corniglia and the hotel was only about 50 meters from the hiking trail. The trail to Vernazza was beautiful but the one from Vernazza to Monterosso was much more crowded with hikers. The trails from Corniglia to Riomaggiore were still closed as of May 2013. Also, there is parking on the main road in front of the hotel, but you need to get in the white spaces up the road for free or pay for the blue spaces closer to the hotel. The parking attendant was gone by the time we got in at 6:00 at night so my husband went to the train station early the next morning to pay €12/day for the parking voucher to put on the dashboard. We were glad he did as the attendant ticketed all the other cars on the street by 10:30am. When traveling by train, we walked the road down to the station to avoid the stairs and took the green bus back up the hill, following the advice of other reviewers.

Room Tip: Room 2 was above the kitchen of the restaurant and had a balcony with 2 chairs overlooking the field...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Three friends and I stayed at Da Cecio in October. Granted, different travelers want different things, so as background, I like to stay off the beaten path where I am around more locals than tourists, where it is clean and scenic, and especially where I am treated with warmth and hospitality (ALWAYS remembering that I need to reciprocate with respect and consideration). Da Cecio, in Corniglia, was all and more. We were greeted with our names the moment we walked in the building. Cristine and Jicente (sp?) were quietly fun, friendly, helpful, and welcoming. GREAT food, best seafood spaghetti I had on the coast (and I had a lot) and the best house wine I had my entire stay in Italy. The rooms are simple, but clean and cozy with a nice view. When I travel, I spend very little time in my room, so if your a room hobbit, you may want more space. We spent much of our time at the Inn up on the roof, beautiful view! and Nunzio's was great for breakfast and machiattos. I loved the Cingue Terra and Da Cecio, would love to go back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My husband and I had a delicious meal at the Da Cecio and truly enjoyed the experience. The view was beautiful and the staff were fantastico! The sea bass was the catch of the day and it was melt in your mouth delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to enjoy a relaxing, tasty meal surrounded by views of beautiful Corniglia. Salute!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Had the pleasure of eating at Da Cecio our first night in Corniglia in mid-June 2012 - and it was a fine introduction to the town. Jacinto was our waiter (who we got to see a lot during our stay over the next several days) and he was wonderful. The food, the vino, the view - loved it all.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Our room was simple with a stunning view of the sea. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner -- seafood risotto, bronzini, fresh-picked salad greens, on the terrace. Great location!! Would recommend this spot to anyone visiting Corniglia and looking to relax and enjoy the bountiful sights, scents, and flavors of this special place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple