“Bazillion dollar view”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JECOregon
Eugene
“Bazillion dollar view”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Best thing about this place is the view. Absolutely beautiful from the small terrace. The apartment is small and minimally equipped but it was just fine for our needs. The circular staircase between floors is steep and there are some pretty steep stairs to negotiate in getting to the place. But that is all part of the fun in the Cinque Terre, climbing lots of stairs for incredible views.

I would definitely return to this property again but will be sure that I've got my luggage down to a minimum.

Grizzlies...
“Incredible location - with a few basic touches, La Lampara would be a rustic paradise.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

La Lampara is in a location that can't be beat. It's at the top of the cliff in Manarola overlooking an expanse of the Ligurian Sea, the jetty and swimming area, the mountainside, the downhill parts of town and, from afar, the hamlets of Corniglia and Monterosso. It is a steep trek uphill from the train station and town "square", but a scenic one that is well worth it.

The apartment is two story, with the entrance at the dead end of a small lane. The bottom floor has a foyer, two small bedrooms with windows overlooking the sea, a nice sized closet, a small bath with shower and a steep circular staircase leading upstairs to the small combo living room and kitchen. The living room opens to a large covered terrace with "the view".

The rental agent is easy to deal with and sends someone to meet you just outside the train tunnel and escort you to the apartment.

So, overall, it is a great apartment to rent.

The negatives? I love rustic, but for almost $500 a night, I expect a dresser in my room, not two ladder back chairs to sit my suitcase on and live out of. Two thin hand towels and towels, and one bathmat? Internet that doesn't work despite bringing it to their attention? A kitchen that is dark because the light doesn't work, and tape over the bathroom light switch saying do not use this light? Not a bar of soap or small toiletry in sight for the shower? Luckily I always travel with soap I keep from my previous travels. It would be great to have a lounge chair on the terrace for sunning.

And the ants. Like I said, I love rustic. I'm an old Girl Scout so I don't expect white glove treatment. But after we ill advisedly left some focaccia on the counter overnight, we woke up to thousands of ants swarming all over the counter and sink. It took three sprays over a 24 hours period before the successive large waves of ants abated - long after there was anything on the counter. That was none too appetizing.

Manarola is really charming and scenic, and I would certainly consider staying at La Lampara again, but for the price, I would look around. With more attention to detail and a few easy additional touches, it would be a better value and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Management Response
6 Jun 2014
Thank you very much for your long review and we were happy to have you here
just a few answers to your remarks
- the apartment is kept simple by the will of owners who want to leave it as much as natural it could be, and it is clearly stated in website and flipkey presentation
- the tape on tbathroom wall advise guest not to switch it since it is not a light switch but the boiler switch and you would remain without hot water if you did it
- the ants come only if you live food around overnight or during the day, it is easy for ants to come over and pay a visit if attracted by food so, even though our cleaning lady always sanitizes the places, it is always good care not to leave food around!
- as far as the light in the kitchen I'm sorry, you could have told us and we could have come to change it; we will immediatley do it now, thanks for letting us know
I see that anyway your overall impression was good and I hope to have you here some other time again
all the best,

traveler3...
nashville,tn
“SEEDY”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Property was poorly maintained. A constant foul odor from the bathroom made the sleeping area unpleasant to occupy. According to the property manager this smell is a chronic issue. A poorly equipped kitchen, worn furniture, poor lighting and malfunctioning hot water heater rounded out the problem list. We left after four days of a planned seven day stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View from balcony
Liked least: Bathroom and poor state of repair
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Stockholm
Reviewed 7 November 2012 for a stay in July 2012

David6264...
Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Very Romantic & Relaxing”
Reviewed 13 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay at La Lampara very much. There was a lot of climbing, but we both needed the exercise. At the end of each day, we'd share a bottle of Cinque Terre wine on the balcony and watch the sun set slowly into the sea. On more than one evening--particularly as the wine and lemoncino kicked in--we'd dance under a sea of stars. At night, we'd open the windows to our bedroom and let the sea breeze and the sound of the waves against the rocks below lull us to sleep. The amenities were fine and comfortable. The washer was a nice addition and got plenty of use from us. Beautiful locale and friendly hospitality from the local residents.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: the shower was little cramped, but no big deal.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing