“If we go back to Italy it will be here!”
Review of Hotel Ca D'Andrean

and 1 more site!
Hotel Ca D'Andrean
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Manarola
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We came from busy Rome to quiet Manarola. We loved Manarola! We like the relaxing atmosphere. And we love the breath-taking views! We highly recommend Cinque Terre!

The rooms at Ca D'Andrean were spacious and had a terrace! We loved sitting on the terrace and watching the sun go down.

Breakfast is not included. You have to pay cash for it, but the cappuccinos were worth it!

No credit cards are allowed. You have to pay before your trip. We were a little nervous about this, but there was no problem!

I highly recommend this place! The son was very helpful with train schedules and how to get to our next destination!

Room Tip: Get a room with a terrace!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StPaul2Traveler

Reviewed 26 June 2011

We loved this hotel, our favorite out of the 4 hotels we stayed I'm access Europe this trip. The owners we gracious and hospitable. The garden was my favorite part of this hotel, lovely flowers and I enjoyed reading and drinking coffee here. The view from our patio was not of the sea but was of the lovely town and vineyards which was ok with me. The rooms were simple but felt homey and had good air conditioning. We stayed 6nights and can't wait to go back! Manarola was
Definately the best town I'm the cinque terre, felt like home after a week!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Jamiefay
Reviewed 18 June 2011

My wife, daughter and I spent a couple of nights here and were completely satisfied. Spacious room, beautiful courtyard and wonderful father-son staff...especially the son who was more fluent in English. I have already recommended this property to my niece for her honeymoon next year.
The only drawback is that the road up to the hotel is steep.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kennermailman
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I had read that they were gruff but I have travelled the world and these men were the rudest hosts I have yet to encounter. Not just on occasion but on several. They ruined our first day in beautiful Cinque Terre because of their rudeness. For e.g. my daughter locked herself in the bathroom (key got stuck) and the son was angry and treated us like we were stupid because he had to come help us. The Father yelled at us for not locking the door behind us. They have terrible people skills and should not be in the hotel business. There are beter and cheaper places to stay in Cinque Terre, including Manorola. You don't want your stay in such beauty soured by these men.
I let him know when we were leaving that I have not had a worse experience with hotel owners.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
17  Thank boingNyc
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Ca d'Andrean is located in the great village of Manarola and is family run. Both dad and son are very accomodating and they have a lot of history to share since Ca d'Andrean has been in their family for generations.
It is centrally located and has many excellent restaurants next to the water.
It is a no frills location but it was a very good choice for us.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank epiulavitaedolce
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Great location, especially if you start at the top of the Cinque Terre as we did....hike / train down...comfortable place with a warm / inviting room / location.....MAKE SURE you get to 'Billy" restaurant just up the hill, 7 minute walk. Amazing view / food / service. Loved this hotel...if I had to say one area that could use improvement is the breakfast.

While only 6-7 Euros per person, I would decline and walk down the hill for coffee and a croissant. But PLEASE don't let this sway you, great place, wonderful staff, perfect location.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank larevue
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We found this hotel to be extremely clean. A really nice outdoor garden in which you can sit and sip limoncella...yummy.

While breakfast is pretty basic, it includes fresh bread and several types of spreads. Also, all the cappucino or latte you want. Not a bad value; doubt there would be any place in town that you could do better for breakfast.

Make sure you take the vineyard walk, and also walk along the Via Dell Amore.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manarola
Hotel Marina Piccola
#18 of 20 in Monterosso al Mare
Hotel Porto Roca
Hotel Porto Roca
#8 of 20 in Monterosso al Mare

Been to Hotel Ca D'Andrean? Share your experiences!