We stayed in Villino Aurora in Riomaggiore. We were greeted at the train station by the owners daughter who spoke a little english and showed us our apartment. It was two levels and had a balcony to enjoy the spectacular view whilst eating dinner. The kitchen was also very impressive and they left minor condiments of us to use including sugar/tea/coffee/salt which was handy. There is a sofa bed in the downstairs section as you enter and another small bedroom. The bed was very hard to sleep on so we transferred the sofa bed mattress to the double bed which made it better. The best part of this apartment was the view! We were on the quiet side of Riomaggiore and we got to see the busy side and the beautiful sunsets each night. We would recommend this place for people looking for peace and quiet as there were very few neighbours surrounding our little apartment. Beware though - the steps to our apartment arent for the fain hearted! Its about 100 steep steps but we thought it was worth it. The apartment itself is very central to the centre of Riomaggiore and is only 8 mins from the train station. Of the five villages this was our 2nd least favourite village as it did not have many shops or restaurants and the harbour wasn't as nice as the other villages. For some advice we would suggest:
Monterosso - for families and those wanting to be close to the beach, although this area is very touristy.
Vernazza - amazing and full of shops and great restaurants. This was our favourite.
Corniglia - too high up in the hills and hard to get to. Not many shops or restaurants.
Manarola - very romantic and had some great quaint little shops and restaurants. NB: not all of the trains stop at this station as regular as they do at Riomaggiore or Monterosso.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alla Porta Rossa in Manarola/Cinque Terre in the heart of the National Park. We can offer rooms & apartments with stunning view over the blu sea, the "little marina" with its inlet and the magic village... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Alla Porta Rossa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alla Porta Rossa Hotel Manarola
- Alla Porta Rossa Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italy