“Perfect Location and Room for Young Travelers”
Review of I Coralli

I Coralli
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My friend and I are studying abroad in Italy and this was the perfect option for a hotel in the Cinque Terre area. The location is wonderful-- in the old town of Monterosso al Mare, which is the largest of the towns. The host Claudia is very welcoming, and offers a massage service for extremely competitive prices! Perfect way to relax after a long hike through the mountains. The rooms are comfortable and clean, perfect for young travelers but maybe not for an older, more mature couple. I definitely recommend for the younger set who are looking for a very comfortable stay at a reasonable price over the hostel option.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chelsea R

Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed in this place summer 2011. The worst place of our 3 weeks european experience. there was not breakfast at all! Claudia is a person that unfortunately lies, we were given a place that was not the originally booked. Somebody else brought us to this place that was unclean. Not recommendable at all.

Room Tip: Read reports from other travellers from independent venues like trip advisors
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tawilli
Reviewed 21 January 2012

When we stayed it was actually in 2010 (on our honeymoon) and at that time there were no reviews but the website pictures looked great! We took the risk and we are so glad that we did! Our stay was comfortable and relaxing! The rooms were brand new, clean and decorated in a cute modern style. We got to stay in both rooms and loved them! There was air conditioning which was a life saver in the middle of summer, flat screen TV, and a great bathroom! The location is perfect, right in the center of town and the beach is just a short walk away. Breakfast was included with our stay. With the ticket the manager gave us, we were able to visit the cafe around the corner. The cappuccinos were amazing! Upon arrival, step 1: relax. Cinque Terre is very laid back. When you arrive the manager lives 100 ft away. There was a note on the door telling us which door to knock on to get the key. Don't expect someone to be there waiting for you but know that you'll be taken care of. When we got there a friendly local pointed out the house of the manager and she was there with the key! We had a fun beach day and we are glad we choose Monteresso as our Cinique Terre home base. We did the full hike to Rio Maggiore. Bring hiking shoes! We took the ferry back to Monteresso which was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 19 October 2011

It took us ages to find the hotel as the map provided by hotel.com which we booked through was completely wrong so we didn't end up arriving till after 9pm where we had to track down the owner Claudia. When she arrived to meet us outside the apartment she told us there was a plumbing problem in our room and she had found us other accommodation nearby...certainly not what we wanted to hear after a full days traveling. The 'other accommodation' was terrible. Musty, no aircon, dusty, extremely noisy as near the train and we had to sleep with the doorsopen as no aircon! Worst of all there was about 20sec of hot water then ice cold for the rest of the night with 3 people needing to shower!! She charged us a discounted rate from our original room (the least she could do) but was still 100euro for the night.... An absolute rip off! I would've had a better sleep at a camp site where I could at least have a hot shower - and not to mention cheaper! When we finally got to our room the next day it was generally a nice room, modern and comfortable so was happy with it. However the fridge didn't close properly and the shower washer was old or something as water kept spurting violently out sideways making it very messy to shower....we Couldn't be bothered making a complaint as were pretty fed up by then.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank luv2holiday81
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I made reservations in MAY 2011 My charge card number was given. Room type discussed.I have a copy of all the emails back and forth confirming the room and dates.( SEPT 2011) I wrote to confirm one week prior to leaving
I am leaving the states in 3 days and I get an email stating they overbooked and no room available. No offer of help to find another place. They denied ever having a "seaview" room, although it clearly states that in her email that there were 2 beds and a seaview
When I threatened to write a bad review she wrote back and said I could have the room and she would BUMPsomeone else!!!!!
I searched for hours to find another hotel at last minute and was lucky, hopefully worth it because it will be more than double the price.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank kewlmom17
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We were in Italy for two weeks and this was by far our favorite property. The room is small but a great use of space and quite comfortable. The water pressure was good and temperatures stable. The room had a kitchenette with a small fridge, freezer, and stove so we were able to buy local produce and food and enjoy it in the room. The room was clean and best of all it had its own air conditioner that kept us cool in days that were well over 100 degrees F. The property manager is a nice lady and she will bring you towels for the beach if you ask. Breakfast vouchers are provided for a restaurant down the street where you will be greeted by a ill tempered woman. The only critique we have is that the bed was a little mushy and they need new pillows.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Great Location in the middle of the old part of the town. Our room however, looked nothing like the photos on any web-site and was neat but shabby in comparison.
The owner Claudia was not easy to locate even though we had confirmed our arrival by telephone the day before, she seems to be very disorganized.
There was a day bed in the kitchen/dining room which was old, dusty and lumpy and covered by an old throw. Even though the room had a basic kitchen, there was no kettle or gas so that we could use the stove to make coffee and no soap to wash out the grubby mugs, only a filthy unhygienic sponge. The room seems to be serviced by an elderly lady living down-stairs and I am not convinced that she cleans regularly. The bath towels were small, threadbare and smelled very bad - as though they had not been washed in hot water or dried properly.
Claudia first of all denied that our booking arrangements included breakfast and then we had to go and find her to collect a breakfast voucher to use at a local cafe.
I do not feel that this accommodation was worth the rate we paid.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Locanda Il Maestrale
Locanda Il Maestrale
#8 of 50 in Monterosso al Mare
Camere/ Rooms Le Sirene & Raggi di Sole
Camere/ Rooms Le Sirene & Raggi ...
#45 of 50 in Monterosso al Mare

Been to I Coralli? Share your experiences!