“Highly recommended!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

I Coralli
Sydney, Australia
“Highly recommended!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

It gives me great pleasure to write my first ever Trip Advisor review for B&B I Coralli in Monterosso. I must admit that after reading review on this B&B I had my concerns but after my stay I have nothing bad to say about this place. Let's first talk about what goes around... After reading the reviews, we though we might have problems finding Claudia, so I rang ahead of time and told her what time we were arriving. When we arrived (around the time I advised) I called Claudia and she came to meet us within 3 minutes. We were friendly to Claudia, and in return she was friendly back - it works both ways! Now let's talk about expectations and what is to be expected. We paid 130 euros for our room - the 3 star hotel up the road was quoting 200 euros. If you want hotel service then pay more and stay at a hotel - this is a b&b - Claudia has 3 rooms to rent and works as a beutician as well so don't expect her to be at your beck and call. The room itself was wonderful (and FANTASTIC value for money in the Cinque Terre). It is just like the pictures. We stayed in the lilac room, but i also saw the orange room - both rooms are modern, clean and look just like the pictures. Sure, the towels were mismatched and a little thin, but they were big towels, clean (no they didn't smell), and once again I reiterate that we paid 130 euro, cheaper than 2 star hotel prices - we feel that we got exceptional value for money. One day we did have hot water problems - Claudia came to check it out (she couldn't fix it) and organsied a plumber to come and fix it - it was fixed later in the day. Oh well sometimes things happen, even at the Hyatt. So to summarise - if you want hotel service then stay at a hotel. If you want someone to be nice to you, be nice to them first and be orgganised youself. Thank you Claudia - we had a great stay and hope that others share a similar experience. We highly recommend I Coralli!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TrentSch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Although the room was spacious,clean and well located, we felt like there was a distinct lack of care by Claudia, who chipped us on our arrival because we were an hour and a half past our anticipated arrival time. We were given no breakfast, not even tea or coffee in the room. When I asked her for some milk for coffee she never came back. The towels were awful.
It felt like we were a captive market, and were treated accordingly.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vonnie59

Travellers are raving about these Monterosso al Mare hotels

Milan, Lombardia, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My friend and I are studying abroad in Italy and this was the perfect option for a hotel in the Cinque Terre area. The location is wonderful-- in the old town of Monterosso al Mare, which is the largest of the towns. The host Claudia is very welcoming, and offers a massage service for extremely competitive prices! Perfect way to relax after a long hike through the mountains. The rooms are comfortable and clean, perfect for young travelers but maybe not for an older, more mature couple. I definitely recommend for the younger set who are looking for a very comfortable stay at a reasonable price over the hostel option.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chelsea R
coppell, Texas, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed in this place summer 2011. The worst place of our 3 weeks european experience. there was not breakfast at all! Claudia is a person that unfortunately lies, we were given a place that was not the originally booked. Somebody else brought us to this place that was unclean. Not recommendable at all.

Room Tip: Read reports from other travellers from independent venues like trip advisors
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tawilli
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

When we stayed it was actually in 2010 (on our honeymoon) and at that time there were no reviews but the website pictures looked great! We took the risk and we are so glad that we did! Our stay was comfortable and relaxing! The rooms were brand new, clean and decorated in a cute modern style. We got to stay in both rooms and loved them! There was air conditioning which was a life saver in the middle of summer, flat screen TV, and a great bathroom! The location is perfect, right in the center of town and the beach is just a short walk away. Breakfast was included with our stay. With the ticket the manager gave us, we were able to visit the cafe around the corner. The cappuccinos were amazing! Upon arrival, step 1: relax. Cinque Terre is very laid back. When you arrive the manager lives 100 ft away. There was a note on the door telling us which door to knock on to get the key. Don't expect someone to be there waiting for you but know that you'll be taken care of. When we got there a friendly local pointed out the house of the manager and she was there with the key! We had a fun beach day and we are glad we choose Monteresso as our Cinique Terre home base. We did the full hike to Rio Maggiore. Bring hiking shoes! We took the ferry back to Monteresso which was perfect!

• Stayed June 2011
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

It took us ages to find the hotel as the map provided by hotel.com which we booked through was completely wrong so we didn't end up arriving till after 9pm where we had to track down the owner Claudia. When she arrived to meet us outside the apartment she told us there was a plumbing problem in our room and she had found us other accommodation nearby...certainly not what we wanted to hear after a full days traveling. The 'other accommodation' was terrible. Musty, no aircon, dusty, extremely noisy as near the train and we had to sleep with the doorsopen as no aircon! Worst of all there was about 20sec of hot water then ice cold for the rest of the night with 3 people needing to shower!! She charged us a discounted rate from our original room (the least she could do) but was still 100euro for the night.... An absolute rip off! I would've had a better sleep at a camp site where I could at least have a hot shower - and not to mention cheaper! When we finally got to our room the next day it was generally a nice room, modern and comfortable so was happy with it. However the fridge didn't close properly and the shower washer was old or something as water kept spurting violently out sideways making it very messy to shower....we Couldn't be bothered making a complaint as were pretty fed up by then.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank luv2holiday81
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I made reservations in MAY 2011 My charge card number was given. Room type discussed.I have a copy of all the emails back and forth confirming the room and dates.( SEPT 2011) I wrote to confirm one week prior to leaving
I am leaving the states in 3 days and I get an email stating they overbooked and no room available. No offer of help to find another place. They denied ever having a "seaview" room, although it clearly states that in her email that there were 2 beds and a seaview
When I threatened to write a bad review she wrote back and said I could have the room and she would BUMPsomeone else!!!!!
I searched for hours to find another hotel at last minute and was lucky, hopefully worth it because it will be more than double the price.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends