Hotel Baia
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
US$166
US$162
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
I Coralli(Monterosso al Mare)
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Adriana(Monterosso al Mare)
US$210
Hotel Punta Mesco(Monterosso al Mare)
US$178
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
US$186
  • Breakfast included
Alle 5 Terre(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Spiaggia(Monterosso al Mare)
US$210
Hotel Monterosso Alto(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$120
US$117
US$233
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationprivate beachcinque terretop floora couple of minutes walkexcellent locationbooked last minuteamerican coffeerooms are smallwine barperfect spotfour nightsocean viewold townthe main streetstayed longerstairs
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Hotel Baia in Monterossa al Mare is a very nice, clean hotel. Although the rooms are very plain, you are clearly paying for the location.....across the street from the beach and the sea. The only negative is that the elevator can only be used for handicapped, and suitcases.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel is simple but clean, excellent cleaning by the maids. The location is the best, just on the main street in Monterosso, 20 m from the beach, close to many good restaurants and pizzerias, bakery's and bars, also very close to the railway station. On the down side, no elevator, the breakfast could have had a little more to offer. Internet can only be accessed in the lobby.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have a balcony, I didn't mind though.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My friends and I made a reservation at this hotel mostly drawn by the location and reviews. We were given a room with no view, even though we requested a view and have received confirmation about this by Katy. However, the front desk girl, a blond young girl, was sweet and helpful. We stayed there two nights but we didn't see her anymore.
I have to say that the highlight of this hotel was the breakfast. Two sweet and helpful girls Lara and Anna worked extremely hard and made us feel comfortable.
Our nightmare started when we took a ferry to visit the islands. Beware, they ripped us off! Please reconfirm what includes before you pay. Well, this is another review I will write. We ended up at La Spezia without a way to return with the same ferry so we took the train back to Monterosso. We were hungry and tired so we stopped to get a little sandwich on the go and back to the hotel.
We sat at the hotel outside tables when a young dreadlock hair waiter approached us rudely saying "No madam you can't eat here!". We told him we were hotel guests but he did not acknowledge us, not even in Italian since I speak the language. We understood that they wanted us to to consume so we asked for a bottle of wine but he raised his voice saying "No madam, you can't eat outside food at these tables". People walking alongside stopped to hear what was going on. We, three ladies, were so embarrassed to continue this conversation with someone so rude that we proceeded to go to our room and eat our sandwiches. I have never been so embarrassed in my life.
That night, we went out to eat at Ely's restaurant which I highly recommend, great food, excellent service! When we returned, we went to the only place in the hotel where there is wifi, the lobby to communicate with our loved ones. An older rude man approached us and said "5 minutes I have to close the lobby". I was surprised to hear "close the lobby". 5 minutes passed by and he came back rudely "good night, I have to close the lobby. It's midnight. Go outside to the tables, there is wifi there". As I was walking out, I remembered the front desk lady emphasizing the only wifi location was the lobby but the man closed the door behind us. Of course, we were cheated!!! There was no connection.
The back door was open to allow guests to go in out to their rooms but a closed lobby!! Yes, open in the middle of the night and no hotel personnel whatsoever, no security, no guards, nothing!!
In the morning, I met the rude old front desk lady that other people commented here. I said "buongiorno" and she did not reply. She was cussing in italian which I hear the word vafan..... I asked her for the check out time which she replied at 11:00. Well, at 10:45 am the rude dreadlock waiter knocked our door to let us know it was time to check out. Horrible!!
I will never stay there again!! So it is up to you to decide.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lizsama
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for one night only as a quick beach break from our holiday in Tuscany. We did have some complications in booking the hotel and found it amazing that they insisted we emailed our credit card information. As this hotel had such a great location and a room for 4 of us (2 young boys) we had little choice but to accept this and very reluctantly did so. I would never do this normally and it is crazy to send such info via an unsecured method. Our room was nice and worked well for our quick stay however we were above a restaurant and consequently very noisy, Caty at reception was also nice and breakfast was simple but good. All in all a nice visit to a very special part of Italy and if you get the chance then Monterosso (and Cinque Terre) is a must visit location in Italy.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the less nose but more steps to climb
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a 3 star hotel and you should set your expectations around that. The location is unbeatable. Right across from the beach, a mere 20 meters from the local bakery and Restaurant Miky, and maybe 100 meters from the train station. Very convenient. We had 2 rooms (not sea view), one for us and one for the kids. Yes, rooms are small. But this is a seaside village with shortage of land. It was more than enough for us, you really don't spend much time in the room anyway. The rooms are clean, neat. Breakfast is decent, with cheese, eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt. You can enjoy a drink right outside the hotel, watching the sea and people walking by. Yes, the owners are a bit off, but the staff overall is nice and kind. I would go back to Baia again. But would ask for a sea view room.

Room Tip: Definitely get a seaview room. Don't get a room by the restaurant, Cantina de Micky. They start setting up the restaurant at 6 am, yelling and making a lot of noise!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family