“Very Boxed ticked”
Review of Hotel Villa Steno

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monterosso al Mare
Hotel Villa Steno
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great location, room, views, service.. the list goes on. I booked this hotel for my family ( kids aged 2 and 4) based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed. They even helped organise a surprise bouquet of flowers for my wife on her birthday. I am very confident we got to enjoy the beautiful region in its best hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marcus T
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Steno

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights, and had booked 2 rooms during March 2014. Our stay was most enjoyable. The hosts Matteo and Carla were very helpful. The breakfast was also very good. We will be back. The stairs did not bother us, if they do Cinque Terre is not for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the perfect place to stay and explore Cinque Terre. Staff was terrific and accommodations were excellent. Stairs,stairs,stairs. Be ready to walk but the views are enchanting. DP

Room Tip: Pay cash and mention Rick Steves for 10% discount
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We are at the Villa Steno now, and sadly leaving tomorrow. Like the last reviewer said, there are a million stairs, not just at the Villa Steno, but in this part of Italy. If you are coming to Monterossa, try to stay here. These are wonderful hosts, & they run a great hotel. It is up to date, the rooms are typical of Italy, small, but they had everything we needed. I was especially thrilled to find out that even though I had booked a "double" room, we were given a room with a king size bed. My husband and I are both tall, and I was dreading another double (for US we call them full) sized bed, like we had in Nice France the week before. The breakfast was very good, great variety, and they are very solicitous bringing you whatever coffee drink you would like.

It is important to discuss getting here with big suitcases. This was of concern to us, since we had 2 big bags. Matteo and Carla will arrange a taxi from the train station for you, no problem. They did this and the cab was there upon arrival, with the driver waiting for us. Normally there are no cabs at the train station just waiting to pick you up, I think Carla said that there are only 3 cabs in the area total. This is not someplace you would want to walk to with large suitcases.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, and try for a view. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdmcdm
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is lovely. The proprietors, Matteo and Carla, are very sincere. The facility is very nice, just 16 rooms.
But there are 136 steps from the Main Street to the reception entrance. Yup, it's that or a winding driveway people didn't walk... This is not the place for a person with mobility issues to come to. Sorry!
The ocean views from our terrace were splendid, the mountain view divine! The breakfast was full and filling with homemade lemon and orange jams from their own fruit trees, right outside our windows! Delightfully refreshing too....
I will say that the bathroom was hopelessly cramped. I couldn't stay in that particular room again... Just gotta say, don't drop anything in the shower, you won't be able to bend down to get it! and the toilet was unacceptably close to the wall on the right side. My kids had a larger bathroom layout, but no ocean view. So there is a bright horizon here in some sense, and it will be in your overall state of mind once you get to Cinque Terre! What a spectacular place in the Earth!
Come!!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Qpower1
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Villa Steno several times, and my most recent stay was as wonderful as ever.
Matteo and Carla are so warm and welcoming and will do anything they can to make their guests feel at home. The location is perfect if you have a car, as there is parking and yet you can then walk into town in 5 minutes. Breakfasts are fantastic, rooms are spotless... what more is there to say!?
Can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Matt D
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Once again, I was fortunate to return to Monterosso and the Hotel Villa Steno. Matteo and Carla are the warmest and kindest of hosts imaginable. They are extremely knowledgeable about the area and offer many tips on where and what to visit, restaurants, and hiking trails. The breakfast is worth the stay - best coffee of any place in Italy, great homemade marmalades and jams, meats and cheeses, fresh scrambled eggs which are "yummy" (and I don't even particularly like eggs!), juices, breads, homemade cakes, cookies, fruit, yogurt, cereals, and more. Eating on the terrace with a view of the sea and the town or indoors is equally pleasant. Rooms are clean, nice size, electric tea kettle, painted with warm colors, have air-conditioning, and most have terraces or balconies with wonderful views of the sea. The terrace above the hotel provides a quiet spot for reading, sunbathing, relaxing, and taking in the views.
Hotel Villa Steno is a "must stay" hotel if you are in the Cinque Terre area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony or terrace
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
#7 of 20 in Monterosso al Mare
Locanda del Sole
Locanda del Sole
#2 of 11 in Riomaggiore

Been to Hotel Villa Steno? Share your experiences!