Hotel La Spiaggia
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
US$181
US$157
  • Breakfast included
I Coralli(Monterosso al Mare)
US$211
US$199
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Adriana(Monterosso al Mare)
US$211
La Serra sul Mare(Monterosso al Mare)
US$257
  • Breakfast included
Affittacamere Da Cesare(Monterosso al Mare)
US$140
  • Free Internet
US$345
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Locanda a Ca du Gigante(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
US$228
  • Breakfast included
La Bouganville B&B(Monterosso al Mare)
US$177
B&B.it
  • Beachfront
Hotel Monterosso Alto(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
US$139
All reviewsandrea poggidaughter mariaglass of winecinque terretrain stationthe ritzwealth of knowledgerestaurant recommendationscovered terraceother citiesold townperfect locationupon checkyogurtlocal winesmall balconyair conditioning
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I recently had a trip to the Cinque Terre and stayed at Hotel La Spiaggia in Monterosso al Mare for 3 nights. The hotel is in a great location right on the beach. You can walk to a variety of great restaurants right near the hotel and it's only a 5 minute walk to the old town. Walking around the beach area of Monterosso is beautiful! Andrea and his daughter were very helpful and they took the time to give us restuarant recommendations, hiking trail suggestions and were very hospitable. We even had a complimentary glass of wine when we checked in which was great! We had a room with a window but no balcony. The oceanview was great! Hearing the ocean surf is very relaxing. The only downside was that the rooms are pretty small and the beds and pillows aren't the most comfortable unless you really like a firm matress. However, many of the hotels we stayed at in Europe had small rooms and uncomfortable beds so it was comparable. The hotel is also right next to the train station. We were delighted to hear we had about a minute walk when we got off the train in Monterosso. Breakfast was also included which is a plus! Overall, we had a great stay and I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a balcony, but it had a large window with an oceanview. The view was beautiful. It's right on the beach and on a street with restaurants so you can hear people in the evening. If you are planning to be in the room during cocktail and dinner hours than get a room away from the ocean. It did not bother my husband and I because we were out and about during those hours and by the time you go to sleep the noise dies down.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We just stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel is fairly basic and we had room 309. Small room, basic furniture. Other family members stayed in rooms 24 and 25 - large patios overlooking the garden in back - still basic decor but nice to have the extra room outside.

Overall, I thought Cinque Terre was overrun with loads and loads of tourists and nothing special having just stayed in a private villa for seven days in Lucca. If you are checking this area off your list then go for it but make sure you have $$ to pay the bills - this hotel as with other local restaurants and stores are very, very reluctant to have you pay with credit cards.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on floor one - 24, 25 and 29 all have large patio decks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
LaSpiaggia, Proprietario at Hotel La Spiaggia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Elizabeth,

I thank you a lot for the review you sent.

According to Hotel Laws and Regulations in Italy, a room that measures 16 square meters is the perfect size for a double room and it cannot be called a small one.

I do not really know what you mean by calling the room basic. A room that is supplying refridgerator, flat screen television with 30 channels of which 23 in 10 different languages, safe, telephone, air conditioning, hairdryer, brand new bathrooms and furniture..the only hotel on the promenade with elevator and private parking for free.

I don't know what sort of a decor you're looking for. The reception holds pieces of furniture and antiques over 400 years old.

If you found nothing special in 5 Terre, one of the most beautiful spots on earth according to Unesco I wonder why every year we are visited by over 3.500.000 tourists.

Talking about credit cards, I don't know what you complaint about because your bill has been paid by your travel agency so we received no money directly from you.
(All other customers are warned in advance about us not taking cards and in the lobby you can exchange any currency in the world at bank rates, no commission. Unique in the world!!!)
The reason for which I do not accept credit cards is this one: 50 years ago when I opened my place I had all the possible credit cards in the world. At that time in Italy credit cards were only accepted by 40.000 places. So I was one of the first to accept them. A few years ago I disagreed completely with the bank that wants 2 or 3 % commission from me while in Spain they only take 0.30 %.

I wonder why there are 414 reviewers that they have a completely different point of view from yours.

Andrea

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is average, but the location, view and staff make up for the average interior of the hotel room. Just steps from the train station, we had a wonderful view of the coastal region right on the water and the owner Andrea was very helpful in planning our day in Cinque Terre. We took the train to Romaggiore and worked our way back. Two out of the four trails were closed so it was great that we were told in advance by Andrea. The rooms are very simple and not luxurious, but very clean and the shower had a powerful spray with plenty of hot water. The internet is free, but slow. Breakfast was typical for a Europe with hard bolied eggs, croissants, cheese, meat, yogurt and cereal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Andrea and his family were the best hosts and provided us with an excellent stay while we were in Cinque Terre. The bed was terrific, shower was great, and maid service excellent. Best hotel in Monterosso. Also, Andrea made the trip the best first trip to Italy that anyone can ever ask for! The hotel was right on the beach and the view from our huge balcony was better than any other hotel I have ever been to. Thank you Andrea and your family for an amazing trip! miss you!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The owner Andreas and his daughter Maria were great hosts- friendly and very helpful with local knowledge (mainly Monterosso related).
Big and clean rooms. Basic breakfast (fruit, bread, cereal, hard boiled eggs). Sea view rooms (either at front or side) were perfect. I didn't see inside the back facing rooms but they face onto a garden. Only rated 4 out of 5 because it was euro 170 per night which was a tad over our budget but worth the money as a great introduction to the Cinque Terre.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple