We stayed for four nights at the Hotel Margherita in Occtober 2013. We had a good stay and would probably stay here again.
Hotel: The location is amazing, right on (what I'd call) the main road in old town. The hotel does not have a sea view, but it makes up for it with lack of steps to climb, and Monterosso itself offers lots of sea views, so we didn't mind. :) The common and outdoor areas of the hotel are quite pretty. The hotel seems quite modern, and I imagine that (like a lot of hotels in Monterosso) it was renovated after the 2011 flood.
Room: We had a junior suite. The junior suite is in the building next to the main hotel building. There is an elevator for baggage and people who can't take the stairs, but I believe the staff has to let you use it. The room itself was quite nice and very clean. The upstairs loft area had the beds and a nice little window. Downstairs was the living area, bathroom, and storage. The furniture was modern and comfortable but somewhat Spartan. The room was quiet overall, but we could clearly hear the neighbors going up and down the steps next door. We enjoyed hanging out on the balcony and people watching.
Bathroom: The bathroom was very clean and modern. It had plenty of space with a very spacious shower. Great bathroom!
Service: Service was polite and helpful but not necessarily friendly.
Breakfast: The food at breakfast was good and fresh (especially the focaccia and cakes), but the service was kind of confusing. There was a gal cleaning up tables and such, but she did not offer coffee or direct where we should sit. We just sat at a table and then discovered that there was a coffee machine. We noticed that the staff was making espresso for some folks at a nearby table (ownership, it seemed), but we were not offered espresso. This wasn't a deal breaker for us, but it was confusing and somewhat off-putting.
Aside from the breakfast service and confusion, we were pleased with our stay and would definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Margherita is at your disposal to make your stay pleasant and relaxing, in a tasteful and comfortable environment. Located in the center of the historic town of Monterosso, we are just a few steps from the beaches, touristic port, trails, local shops and many restaurants to choose from. Our courteous Reception and Management staff, are always at your disposal to provide you with all the information needed for the famous hiking trails, tours by boat and train transportation within the park of the Cinque Terre. After the mudslide that hit Monterosso in October 2011, the hotel has been completely renovated. The hotel has a common living area with free Wi-Fi, satellite tv, bar and private patio that looks out onto the old fascinating town of Monterosso. In the morning you can enjoy a delicious breakfast in our inviting breakfast room, where you can find a wide variety of choices from our breakfast buffet.All of our rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite tv, telephone, Wi-Fi access, mini fridge and safe. All rooms have private bathrooms with a shower and hair dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Margherita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Margherita Hotel Monterosso Al Mare
- Hotel Margherita Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy