We drove from Milano and parked in the Monterosso parking lot (fee is 18 Euros/day; can also pay hourly) which is a short walk to the Hotel Margherita. Whether driving or arriving by train, Monterosso is "flat" relative to the other Cinque Terre towns and the convenience of the train station & the parking lot to the town, when you're lugging luggage, is not to be discounted. The Hotel Margherita staff are very friendly, professional, very accommodating and made good recommendations. The rooms and bathrooms are very, very clean. We had a room for 2 nights and added a 3rd night to spend more time in the area. The room with a balcony was lovely and roomy. Breakfast is included- a nice varied buffet of croissants, cakes, breads, yogurts, cold cererals/milk, cheeses/salamis/ham/other meats, fresh fruits, and coffee, tea, and juices. There are hard-boiled eggs and you can make your own soft-boiled eggs to your liking!!! We hiked from Monterosso to Vernazza which has been repaired since the floods of a few years ago, had lunch, and took the train back. We drove to Portovenere which is very beautiful & memorable and not to be missed (the two large churches- St. Peter and St. Lorenzo are wonderful as is the port and town). Would definitely return to Hotel Margherita!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Margherita is at your disposal to make your stay pleasant and relaxing, in a tasteful and comfortable environment. Located in the center of the historic town of Monterosso, we are just a few steps from the beaches, touristic port, trails, local shops and many restaurants to choose from. Our courteous Reception and Management staff, are always at your disposal to provide you with all the information needed for the famous hiking trails, tours by boat and train transportation within the park of the Cinque Terre. After the mudslide that hit Monterosso in October 2011, the hotel has been completely renovated. The hotel has a common living area with free Wi-Fi, satellite tv, bar and private patio that looks out onto the old fascinating town of Monterosso. In the morning you can enjoy a delicious breakfast in our inviting breakfast room, where you can find a wide variety of choices from our breakfast buffet.All of our rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite tv, telephone, Wi-Fi access, mini fridge and safe. All rooms have private bathrooms with a shower and hair dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Margherita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Margherita Hotel Monterosso Al Mare
- Hotel Margherita Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy