Hotel Margherita
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
US$182
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Adriana(Monterosso al Mare)
US$212
Hotel Monterosso Alto(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
US$140
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Spiaggia(Monterosso al Mare)
US$224
La Colonnina Hotel(Monterosso al Mare)
US$177
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Pasquale(Monterosso al Mare)
Hotel Villa Accini(Monterosso al Mare)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Palme(Monterosso al Mare)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswrap around balconyold towntrain stationcinque terrevia romathe main streetclose to shopsjunior suitehotel is locatedperfect locationthe hotel managernice balconyclean hotelquiet at nightpastriesstayed here for two nightsbeach towels
Reviewed 12 October 2009

It's hard to go wrong in Cinque Terre but this hotel was just wonderful. Great location, clean, modern with a great breakfast in the morning. The staff was so helpful and considerate, it was truly a pleasure to stay here and will return next time we are here. We stayed in August so we paid a premium but it was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We arrived in Monterosso by train. The walk was not difficult from the new town, where the station was located, to the old town via a tunnel connecting the two. We loved the location of the Margherita, very close to restaurants and the ferry dock and shopping. The hotel itself was one of my favorites in all of Italy. It was very clean, beautiful tile in the bathroom. Our room was on the front side and our shutter opened slightly, enough for us to get a nice view of the street below. The a/c was a welcome relief . The breakfast buffet was wonderful, including all the typical yogurt and cereal, boiled eggs and delicious pastries! There was a Bancomat nearby as well as a small grocery. When I inquired the owner produced a first aid kit to help with my bee sting until I could get to the local Farmacia. He also helped me with the laptop computer since it was slightly different than the one I use at home (in the US). I would suggest you make a reservation ahead since the area is often booked due to the beach, which is popular not only for tourists but locals. We took the ferry to visit the Cinque Terre towns, and I would caution you to be sure to read the schedule regarding the last ferry time and be sure you are on one that returns to Monterosso. Late afternoon we made a slight error and ended up in LaSpezia. Had to take the train back to Monterosso. This was a once in a lifetime trip for us. I think H.Margherita is one of the nicest hotels we stayed at in Italy. I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We are two recent college graduates who wanted to explore Europe minus the backpacks. We only had two nights in Monterosso (definitely enough) and I can't imagine staying anywhere other than the Hotel Margherita. We may have splurged a little over our intended budget, but it was well worth it; all the other hotels we passed while exploring the village just seemed too run down, while the Hotel Margherita was clean, comfortable and chic, but not at all stuffy. The breakfast included was great as well. The room was a little on the small side but that seems to be the European style. The bed was huge though! Our room overlooked a small garden next door, and had a nice large window to open out for some sun and fresh sea air. We were footsteps away from fantastic restaurants, gelato, and of course, the beach!

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I really liked hotel Margherita and I had a wonderful stay in Monterosso. The hotel is in my opinion perfectly located, it does not have a see view but it is in the old town which is really lively and so typical Riviera Italiana. The hotel is modern and very clean. On arrival we were greated professionaly but interrupted several times by other guests that just wanted information while we checked in. I just wanted to leave my heavy suitcases and I thought it was a bit annoying, but I was on holiday, who cares! I did ask for a very light room with balcony if possible. After having seen the amazing pictures on this site, I was looking forward to see all the nice flowers and cute streets from my window. The receptionist told us we had a balcony and I was quite happy. When we went to the room I thought it was tiny, ok... it was modern and really clean. I went to the balcony to discover there was scaffolding just in front of the room. It was horrible. Apparently the works had been stopped half way through so the whole thing was covered with a dirty plastic. I went down to reception straight away to ask for another room, but she told me they were full. I requested to be changed the following day and she told me she should speak to the manager. The manager approached in the evening when we just went to pick up a jumper. He explained that he could not changed us so he would find another hotel for us... But, I did not want to take my suitcases again and leave!!!! I had the feeling that he just wanted to get rid of us. He was quite argumentative but offered us a discount for the room which I think it was really fair. I am positive he is the kind that reads the reviews and would not surprise me if he replies. Anyway, although he was really helpful all the time, I sensed his discontent with us, but who cares. It did not help that my friend went to ask him the train time table for Portofino and he said he didnt know it. When my friend suggested him to check it on the internet he replied that he didnt want to have internet in the hotel otherwise the staff would spend their free time looking at the internet rather than working. Oh, oh.... It is a pity, because I really liked the hotel, and I think he didnt get the point, that you could be disapointed to have an ugly view, and instead was in "a mood" with us. Nevertheless, shouldnt I have got that room I think the hotel is great, perfectly located, clean... lovely. The breakfast was really nice, it had everything, fat free products, a machine to boil the eggs to your preferred liking, gluten free and organic products, nice cakes.... About the trekking, one recommendation:
Rigomaggiore to Manarola and Manarola to Corniglia are the easiest ones and you can do them in about 1 hour 20 mins, they are flat so after that one and before it gets hot you can also do Corniglia to Vernnaza (a hard one). Monterosso to Vernnaza is the most difficult one as it is going up all the time.
For food we loved:
Casello, super nice food and service and great views.
Micky, expensive but nice.
For drinks the Enoteca Internationale, 30 seconds away from this hotel. They do the most amazing bruschette pomodoro I have ever tried, and the selection of wines from the region is very good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Renatobordighera, Owner at Hotel Margherita, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2009

Thank very much for your review and i hope to have the possibility, if you come again in Cinqueterre, to give you the room with out "scaffolding" :-)
...Sorry again for the little trouble. Best regards Renato

Reviewed 20 September 2009

We stayed here for two nights. Beds were comfortable-room was very nice, modern and very clean. Wonderful location in a fantastic seaside town. Staff spoke English, very friendly and accomodating. We will recommend this place to all our friends. Room #104 was awesome with a fantastic wrap around balcony. We left something behind, e-mailed the hotel, and staff immediately sent the item to our address in the US free of charge. We loved this place-you will, too. Ciao, Ciao

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple