I couldn't fault this hotel, where we stayed in October 2011. I was travelling with a girl friend but we preferred our own rooms. This hotel was once a nunnery and nuns and priests still take their holidays here, not that we came across any. Plenty of single rooms as it was set up for the nuns many years ago. Rooms are spotless, small but plenty of storage space plus en suite, great air con and a balcony with views. It appears that many of the guests return year after year as a lot of them knew each other from previous years. I feel Monterosso is the best of the 5 villages to stay in as there is more space and nice for walks along the beach or into "Old Monterosso", which has more character and a nicer beach. However, it is quite a bit further from the train station than the newer section. Villa Adriana is just under a 10 min walk from the station, all flat until you reach their driveway. There is a lift in the hotel so no need to drag cases up the stairs. The staff were wonderful and helped us with further hotel bookings. I spent 6 weeks in Italy and the breakfast here was the best ever. A fantastic selection of savoury and sweet foods. You certainly didn't need lunch. You pay for the evening meal (optional) but it is very reasonably priced and very good. The hotel is exceptionally quiet - no traffic or tourist noises. The 10 min walk is well worth not being on the main drag with all the hustle and bustle. Had the best sleep of the whole trip. Would love to return to this wonderful hotel and wonderful village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a gorgeous palms park and is just 100m. from the sea and close to the railway station. Our rooms are all with private bathroom, telephone, air-conditioning, fridge, TV and safe. Free Wi-fi, parking place and swimming pool. Our restaurant offers a various buffet for breakfast and our kitchen propose Ligurian and Italian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Villa Adriana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adriana Hotel Monterosso Al Mare
- Hotel Villa Adriana Monterosso Al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy