“small and basic portions”
Review of Il Borgo di Campi

Il Borgo di Campi
Ranked #33 of 47 Restaurants in Riomaggiore
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Portions were really small for quite regular price. I wouldn't say they were tasty as well. Though the staff is very welcoming and the views are just perfect!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Terrible Place! We have been there one night IN august 2017 and it was a disaster! BE CARFUL because no one writes that the place is really not cleaned, terrible smell in the rooms, Impossible to sleep on the beds! We left after one night although we were supposed to stay there 3 nights!
And the Manager was not nice at all!!!!! He told us to go away because he has enough tourists in July and August! TERRIBLE PLACE!!!!!

2  Thank Itai S
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We stayed at Il Borgo di Campi for 3 nights and ate dinner here twice as we enjoyed dinner the first night, specifically the fresh fish and the pasta.

We started our dinner with spritzes and cocktails and then ordered a few appetizers. The mussels, anchovies, and cheese plate were all good with the cheese being the standout. The fish and pasta were all good. On the second night I tried the rabbit and it was a bit over cooked, though we were waiting for one member of our party to get something from the room and that may have contributed.

For dessert, we really in enjoyed the rich flavor of the panna cotta.

They start serving drinks around 5:30 and dinner at 7. The menu is not large but there are plenty of options for a person looking to avoid gluten and egg. I'd recommend letting them know you plan to eat dinner as the place does fill up.

Service is friendly and there are only a couple people working there so it may be a little slow but we wanted a leisurely dinner anyway. It was a nice relaxing dinner to offset the hustle and crowds of Cinque Terre. Luna, the dog, kept us company for dinner both nights much to the satisfaction of the kids.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

During our stay at this hotel we took one of our meal at their restuarant. Since the weather was not clear we couldnt sit outside at the rooftop terrace. The service here is good. The food is okay.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I stayed at Borgo di Campi for three nights while visiting Cinque Terra. A modest accommodation , the hotel and restaurant were excellent. Do not expect luxury rooms. But the apartments and clean, comfortable, some with greta views. There are stairs to navigate, but if you are here to hike, not an issue. I had three breakfasts and dinners during my stay. Breakfast is very casual, covering the food groups. Dinner was all made right here in the kitchen with good portions and excellent preparation.

Most important, I read through reviews before selecting this hotel. (Always an amusing contrast of opinions) . Sincerely , in 47 years of experience in frequent European travel,
it is hard to imagine any place I have been the had better service or friendly atmosphere.
For me, this family run establishment is great, certainly better than some of the negative comments. And the view from the terrace...spectacular!

Practical hints: if you have your own vehicle, no issues. The local scheduled bus service is ok. But I would suggest booking a local taxi from the front desk, to get to Riomaggiore train station and access to all the towns in 5 Terra.