Cinque Terre Holidays
Hotels.com
La Scogliera(Riomaggiore)
  • Beachfront
NiRia(Riomaggiore)
La Baia di Rio(Riomaggiore)
Locanda del Sole(Riomaggiore)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Locanda Ca da Iride(Riomaggiore)
Due Gemelli(Riomaggiore)
Affittacamere Edi(Riomaggiore)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgenoachurchferrycliffscinque
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This was the most pathetic place I have stayed at during my holidays in Italy. Ironically, it was also the most expensive. I don't even know where to start...

First of all, I got the impression that this is not a hostel, hotel or b&b - it is basically a combination of rooms and apartments in different places. The reception seen on the pictures is just that - a reception - which by the way has really strange opening hours. We had to check in before 4pm and when we wanted to check out the next day and ask if they could store our luggage, the reception was closed, and the manager was nowhere to be found (didn't even pick up the phone - at 10am!!). Ridiculous.

We booked 4 beds in a 5-bed dorm and got a room to ourselves with 4 beds - so far so good. The problem was that the room was dirty, with curtains that looked they had been there for 50 years, and the sheets were super dirty as well. No towels. The bathroom was also small and dirty, and the toitlet was actually a "barrack" outside of the apartment. Oh, and to go to our room we had to go through someone else's room. The door to our room was broken so we couldn't even close it. Oh, and the only view we had was to a brick wall, not to the ocean as the pictures suggest.

We wanted to communicate this to the manager but we just couldn't find him. This place is a joke - avoid it.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank fcjurbano
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Reasonable hotel in the best village in Cinque Terres.

Location - Riomaggiore is small, so I can't imagine it be difficult to find a hotel in a good location. Cinque terre residence is in a good, central location, however it is up the hill but it is not a difficult walk. There is no real view from this property. It was a bit difficult to find at first from the train station as there were not many signs but we were pointed in the direction by a local.

Room - The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, nothing too spectacular about the bed but it is decent. The shower is nice as it is one of those ones with a lot of different shower heads. Our room was nice and quiet because it was off to the side on it's own near the office and had it's own private balcony. Free wifi.

The stay includes breakfast and coffee which is convenient. Breakfast is nice but with small selection. I would stay here again if I were not able to find something nicer near the marina. We stayed at an extremely nice apartment as well during our trip here right on the water, so it is difficult to compare to that view!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I cannot recommend Cinque Terre Holidays. Worst of all, their check in policy is extremely unreasonable - you must check in before 5:00 PM!! I've never heard of such a thing and didn't realize when I made my reservation. Still, I could've made it on time except my flight was delayed and then my rental car wasn't ready on time in spite of my reservation. On the way from the Milan airport, I checked the reservation, noticed the check in time and realized I would be about an hour late. It was then about 3:30 PM. I sent multiple emails and tried phoning them multiple times over the next hour and a half. They did not answer either phone or emails. Not wanting to drive there and be stranded with nowhere to stay in such a tiny town (I saw occupancy levels were very high when I made my reservation), I decided I had no choice but to stop in a hotel in la spezia which had rooms available.
I checked in the next day for the second night of my two night stay - and they told me they are *sometimes* there at the office until 7 pm (but don't count on it!) and that they had been there til 7 pm the night before, but had no explanation for why they didn't answer the phone or my emails, just shrugged, and insisted on charging me for that night. So because they didn't answer either their phone or email I was stuck paying for two hotels that night!

The rooms were very run down, tiny, not very clean, and poorly furnished. The pullout sofa was very uncomfortable, and when pulled out you could barely walk around it. The bathroom was really disgusting barely usable. Extremely overpriced you're paying for the location only. I understand buildings are very old in these little towns in Cinque Terre, but this one looked like it hadn't been rennovated in decades, peeling paint and poor plumbing, windows didn't lock, etc.

Very poor security, The key was the ancient style, the same key worked on other rooms/apartment doors! Our second night, the folks in the room next-door knocked on our door and told us they were told by management that they were supposed to have two rooms, including our room! By that point it was after the office was closed, and they were stuck with not enough beds! Their room key even fit our door! They had six people and beds for only four! Some kind of management screwup.

The wifi had very poor signal strength, we had a lot of trouble with it.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel/hostel, do not book with Cinque Terre Holidays!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cml94618
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Decided last minute to do the Cinque Terre which might not have been one of the best ideas initially. But for me spontaneity just seems to workout, even though we did a last minute booking we were able to snag two beds at Cinque Terre Holidays. As many others have pointed out the owner is weird/awkward and could be a little abrasive for some, but to us that didn't really matter. Our room was average with no view most likely due to slim pickings. But it worked out because it forced everyone in our apartment to be very close and spawned conversation. Thanks to good chemistry this turned out to be a great thing as the people we stayed with were awesome! Leaving us with a great trip to Riomaggiore. However I understand that might not be the case for everyone so rating it simply on the facilities, there was a lot left to be desired.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Beautiful , Beautiful, Beautiful room, well decorated, seaview, gaeden, fantastic terrace, very romantic place. , in a quite location only five minites from the centre of the village, and only 3 minites from train station, well we had a fantastic holidays in this place we wiil be back for sure!

Room Tip: giusy room is fantastic
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple