Bed and Breakfast Il Vigneto
NiRia(Riomaggiore)(Great Value!)
US$106
B&B.it
  • Breakfast included
B&B La Terrazza(Riomaggiore)(Great Value!)
US$94
B&B.it
Il BoMa(Riomaggiore)
Travelocity
L'Arcobaleno(Riomaggiore)
Locanda del Sole(Riomaggiore)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshiking pathclean roomsthree nightscinque terreandreaseavillageview
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I spent three nights in February. I had a car so going to Manarola was easy and the parking was free. I rented a very spacious and comfortable apartment. The price was very good, the heating, even in the middle of winter, very adequate and the owner was very helpful.
My short visit to CT in winter was fabulous and I am very satisfied by the accommodation provided by BB Vigneto.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NikosItalia
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Located in the small hilltop village of Volastra, B&B Il Vigneto offers a stunning view from its terrace of the ocean and the surrounding hills and vineyards. It is also an excellent value and provides a good continental breakfast, which we took on the terrace as the weather was perfect. Volastra is a bit difficult to get to--you must take a shuttle bus from the town below, and the bus doesn't run as often as one would like (but it is free as part of your Cinque Terre park pass). There is no restaurant (yet) or night life in Volastra, but a local couple sells outstanding homemade take-out food in the village (substantial food, too, not just sandwiches). For more info: www.ilvigneto5terre.com

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Majbpc
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We rented an apartment with my husband and our 6 month old baby. The apartment was functional and very clean although the door of the fridge was broken and had to be sustained by a chair. When making the reservation I was promised the bus to Manarola would go until 22.30 daily, but was not too surprised it had just changed its schedule before our stay and the 19.30 bus was the last one for the day. We had dinner a couple of times in Gli Ulivi (highly recommended! by far better quality and lower prices than down in the Cinque Terre villages) and cooked a couple of times ourselves, buying groceries from the minimarket of the village that is opened in the mornings. The 5 villages are so tiny and so full of tourists that at night we were very happy to get to the quiet Volastra where the locals greeted us on the streets and made us feel very welcome. We had to plan out days according to the bus schedules but did not feel it was too hard. The service was very friendly and I could even borrow some cash money from the owner for a day as we were out of cash and needed some for groceries and bus tickets.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Finchika
Reviewed 5 September 2009

First of all it is very difficult to get to this hotel. We didn't have a car so we had to take the train then wait for the bus and take that to the little town. The bus is packed and the people pushed ahead of us to get a seat so we had to lug our suitcases to the back of the bus in 100 degree weather. We spent a good deal of our time in Cinque Terre being a slave to the bus schedule. It is impossible to walk the distance.

Once we arrived, we were greeted by a woman who spoke no English. The room was SCALDING hot. We were told that they wouldn't give us a fan but that it would be cooler at night. It wasn't! There was no breeze and it was impossible to sleep. We asked each day for a fan and they promised to try but we never got one. When I met an American woman who owns a guest house in Cinque Terre, she told me that fans only cost about 20 euro and that it was unacceptable that they wouldn't give us one (ya think?)!

The bathroom was across the hall so very inconvenient. The breakfast was the same bread with honey or Nutella and cold coffee every day. All of that would have been bearable if we could actually sleep but the place is so remote that you waste a ton of time just getting there. I would have gladly paid double the price to stay somewhere where the owners gave a care whether you could even sleep.

I should have gone with my gut instinct and cancelled my reservation as the owner was rude over email (we never met him in person). But it was listed in a travel book on Italy as the author's favorite so I thought it would be ok. WRONG! Do yourself a HUGE favor and DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank gershiwin
Reviewed 9 February 2009

very clean in and out. I enjoyed staying here. The staff was friendly and the location was ideal.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ezcarcheck