In view of our three day visit at cinqueterre we were looking for accommodation preferably away from the crowded towns. At Volastra we have found 'il Vigneto' very convenient ..minutes away from Manarola where we also could park our car at the private parking lot.
This accommodation is well located with a fantastic view above Manarola. We had our daily pleasant breakfast in a large terrace enjoying the fantastic view and this was an added bonus.
Rooms are clean and have private bathrooms. However we had our bathroom in the corridor just outside our room ..we had been advised about this and we didn't mind this as our room is well located next to the large terrace with view. Although this bathroom is signed as private we recommend that it is kept locked by key as there is a chance that anyone can use it.
Another problem was with our fridge which did not cool well. We had asked the owner to replace or repair but although it made some improvement it never worked 100%.
Our remaining comments are all positive... the owners were very helpful always ready to give their good advise how to move around in the region, peaceful surroundings, views etc. On the whole we recommend this B&B and Volastra as the right base at cinqueterre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Il Vigneto" is a family-run Bed & Breakfast activity, in the middle of the ancient village of Volastra (from the latin Vicus Oleaster, which means the place of olive trees). Volastra is one of the most authentic realities in the heart of the National Park of the Cinque Terre, where terraces built with dry stone walling cleverly made without any cement, give place to the cultivation of vineyards and olive trees. Volastra besides offering an extraordinary natural landscape with hills sloping down to the sea, is the most important crossway of paths of the Cinque Terre. In fact, from Volastra you may hike many paths with various levels of difficulty surrounded by a spectacular nature. All the paths are duly signed with red and white strips.In a few minutes from Volastra you may reach Manarola thanks to a good shuttle bus service. The cost of the bus is included in the daily ticket to visit the National Park. Once you are in Manarola you may use trains and boats to visit the other four villages. "Il Vigneto" of very recent restructuring offers double, triple and quadruple rooms, each one with its own bathroom, TV sat, high speed internet connection, small fridge, heating and a few with sea view. Breakfast is served in the dining room while during the good season it is served on a wide panoramic terrace with an amazing sea view. From the terrace, that may be used by our guests, you may admire the sea surrounded by hills cultivated with olive trees and vineyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Bed and Breakfast Il Vigneto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Il Vigneto Hotel Riomaggiore
- b&b Il Vigneto
- Bed And Breakfast Il Vigneto Cinque Terre/Riomaggiore, Italy