Cinqueterre Residence
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Locanda Ca da Iride(Riomaggiore)
Locanda del Sole(Riomaggiore)
Affittacamere Edi(Riomaggiore)
View Hotel
La Baia di Rio(Riomaggiore)
La Scogliera(Riomaggiore)
  • Beachfront
Sol Levante(Riomaggiore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmiley facewelcome drinkupper gateson davidyogurtcinque terretrain stationb bbreakfast was excellentpastacommon terraceour room was spaciousmobility issueseach morningyour luggagestarting pointstayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I organize group trips to Italy and I'm obsessed with finding above average lodging for my guests.

This place is no exception and I enjoyed my stay here immensely.

The region of Cinque Terre is a place filled with natural beauty. I chose this lodging because it embraced the natural beauty of the area with lots of outdoor space. They have wonderful private and public terraces to sit and read or enjoy your third cappuccino or just watch village life go by. Beautiful flowers and lemon trees and jasmine blossoms are everywhere -- the love the owners put into this place is evident in each pretty little corner.

My guests and I loved our stay here and we want to come back! And we probably will!

I would recommend this if you:
-- like the convenience of eating breakfast at the hotel
-- like great views
-- like connecting with locals (this is a family run hotel and they are very helpful)
-- like a friendly atmosphere
-- are a couple looking for a romantic getaway
-- are a group of friends or family (you can all share patio space)

I would not recommend this place to:
-- young party-ers (too tranquil)
-- people who cannot walk up stairs (it's a 5 minute climb)

And lastly, I wanna give you a little travel industry insider perspective here:

Every time you book a place through a different website (like booking dotcom, venere etc.) the owners pay a commission to that partner site. If you want to avoid paying fees for that booking and ALSO keep more money in the pockets of small business then avoid the "middle man" and book directly with the hotel. In my view it's also a lot simpler when you need to make adjustments to reservations, contact the hotel for directions and make a cancellation -- which is mainly why I always book directly with hotels and airlines etc.

Hope that helps!

Bianca @ Italian Fix

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank ItalianFix
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our favourite hotel on our two week honeymoon.

This is a very romantic place to stay.
It is spotless and spacious.

Each room has its own terrace, and all of the terraces overlook the beautiful Riomaggiore.

The hotel is located at the top of the hill.
It is a long and hard walk, but totally worth it.

The staff were so friendly and helpful, we felt at home immediately.
When we arrived, we were given a "Welcome Beer", which really hit the spot after our long train ride, and walk.

I have already told my parents and my in-laws they have to stay here, and would absolutely stay here again.

2  Thank hrenzella
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The Cinqueterre Reidence is an excellent base from which to explore this beautiful area. It is away from the very crowded centre of the village and is a great place to relax after a busy day walking the well marked footpaths .On our arrival Davide provided lots of information about local walks and boat and train times. The hotel itself is high up and so offers great views. Our room was modern and comfortable. Linen and towels are good quality. Breakfast was excellent. There was a wide variety of food available from the buffet which was replenished regularly.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have the best views.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Our four nights at the Cinque Terre Residence in early September were absolutely perfect. Clean, tranquil, good quality hotel with a lovely staff (Davide, Carla, and older gentleman whose name I didn't get--you are all wonderful!). These people are genuinely warm, not just because it's their job to be. Great breakfast and the staff goes out of their way to customize it for you (they found out I like plain rather than flavored yogurt and made sure it was there the next morning; they offer you cappuccinos or lattes in addition to the regular filtered coffee available). I guess the only thing I would caution is that it's a little bit of a hike from the train station, but truthfully, I don't think we'd want to stay near the train station anyway (it was loud down there with more of a college party vibe and the hotels around there seemed more like hostels than the quality you get at the Cinque Terre Residence). We give the CTR our highest recommendations!!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This location is truly amazing! The owners were kind enough to have me picked up from the train station which was a great help - especially once you see the steps.
This is why the view is so great but I need to warn those not in physical shape that unless you use the bus - the steps are quite a trek. 350 steps to be exact from the top of town to my room which was on the upper floor. WELL WORTH IT THOUGH! The family is amazing, the room very clean and spacious - free wifi for those that need to keep in touch with the outside world and a small mini fridge. I highly recommend this accommodation and want to thank Davide and his entire family for everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo