“Incredible View, Wonderful Stay”
Review of I Limoni di Thule

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riomaggiore
I Limoni di Thule
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was one of our favorite parts of our trip. Christina is an amazing host, one of the best we experienced in Italy. She went out of her way to help us, especially when we found a train strike was taking place the day we were leaving. She called the train company and made sure that our trains were not cancelled, taking a lot of stress off of us. On top of the incredible hospitality, the view from the room is picture perfect, and is the best place to enjoy a glass of wine after a long day. We hope to return some day!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
limonidithule, Manager at I Limoni di Thule, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay!
All the best wishes- Christina

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Coming back from a vacation in Italy, I constantly think of the 3 wonderful days I spent in Cinque Terre. Staying at I Limoni di Thule was the highlight of my trip. I already look forward to going back.

Christina is a kind, classy and efficient British lady. She writes and speaks better English than most of us do. We had good email communication before I met her. Her mother-in-law is warm and helpful, so trying to understand her Italian was a lot of fun.

I Limoni di Thule has the best location in Riomaggiore. I stayed in the top room with the breathtaking view. The room is spotless clean and well equipped for a perfect vacation. Christina has all the information for her guests: tour books of Italy, maps of region, train timetable, etc. Arriving in town in a warm afternoon after climbing the leaning tower in Pisa, I found a big bottle of mineral water waiting for me in the small refrigerator. It is how thoughtful Christina is.

In the evenings after the day trippers have left the town, Riomaggiore becomes very peaceful. Holding a glass of vino bianco, sitting at the balcony of I Limoni di Thule, with the silver moon rising in the sky and the blue Ligurian Sea right in front of me, I felt that life had never been so good…

The thing I like the most about staying in I Limoni di Thule is that while Christina made sure I had everything I needed, I was left with complete privacy, giving me the feeling of owning this heavenly villa for myself.

I Limoni di Thule is certainly a great place for couples’ retreat, a few friends or a family get away. But I think it is an even better place for solo travelers like myself. Cinque Terre is a magic. I would love to go back soon and stay in I Limoni di Thule again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank May005
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed in the studio - it was great having a kitchen for making our breakfast and preparing picnic lunches. It was spacious, clean and comfortable and Christina and Alessandro made us feel very welcome. Their advice on where to eat was great. The views were fantastic - there's nothing like having a glass of wine watching the sun set after an energetic day walking in the surrounding hills. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Gretel L
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you want a warm welcome, a brilliant view and a quiet location, then I Limoni di Thule is perfect. Christina's mother-in law met us, and although she spoke no English, nor we Italian, we still managed to communicate effectively! She even helped us with our suitcases, as access is by steps.
Christina is English, so bridges the language barriers, and she is generous with recommendations and ideas.
The view from the bedroom is idyllic- a small balcony that makes you think there is nothing between you and the ocean.
There were cooking amenities, but we didn't use them, as too many wonderful cafés and restaurants to try out.
After a day of hiking between the villages, it was delightful to return to this peaceful and very comfortable small apartment.
Thank you, Christina and family for making us so comfortable and welcome. We appreciated your prompt emails in response to our questions before we left New Zealand.

Room Tip: Choose this place if you enjoy walking to restaurants and have a peaceful location for night time
2  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay in the camere last week. When choosing a place to stay in Cinque Terre, we wanted a terrace with sea view, parking, welcoming hosts, and good location in town but still quiet. This place hit all the boxes! We literally spent hours sitting on the terrace enjoying wine and watching the ocean. The room is small, but if you are in CT you are probably spending most of your time outside anyway. It's located near a great little bar (Bar & Vini) on the water, and is a 5 minute walk to the main street in Riomaggiore. It's great to be near town but away from the noise. At night we listened to the owls and waves and occasional trains. I can't wait to return one day!

1  Thank acmpls
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had an amazing time staying here! Christina, the owner, was so nice, friendly, and welcoming. The room was not huge but it was perfect! Very clean and a balcony with an amazing view! If we ever make it back to Cinque Terre, we would not stay anywhere else! This was the best part of our trip in Northern Italy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Whitney H
Reviewed 18 April 2014

we stayed in the "camera" room with full length windows that open from the bedroom onto a terrace overlooking the sea.

first, the most important part of the room: the terrace. fantastic view! we spent our first evening watching the sunset from here, the next night watching the stars while drinking grappa and eating biscotti, and then the morning having breakfast. the terrace alone is worth it!

but coupled to it, you have the room with a nice bed, clean toilet, a fridge and other necessities. we met the host christina when we checked in and never needed to meet her again as we had everything we needed. she was quite professional but warm an welcoming at the same time.

the room is a bit expensive to afford but worth it for a couple of nights! my only complaint is that the wifi was not working properly, but maybe its better to be without it on vacation.

Room Tip: choose the "camera" room with the superb terrace overlooking the sea. no two ways about it...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple