La Casa di Venere
Locanda Ca da Iride(Riomaggiore)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$183
La Scogliera(Riomaggiore)
  • Beachfront
NiRia(Riomaggiore)
La Baia di Rio(Riomaggiore)
Luna di Marzo(Riomaggiore)
Due Gemelli(Riomaggiore)
Affittacamere Edi(Riomaggiore)
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We went to these rooms with a group of people. The single room has a nice double bed but it's a bit small. The inconvenience for this room is that the bedroom and bathroom (including the shower) are not connected, they're on the same floor, though. The other two rooms are more spacious and they come with their toilets and showers. These rooms are in a building that is very close to the main street and a couple of decent restaurants (La Grotta ed Il Grottino). The rooms don't come with any particular view other than the tiny vicolo where they are located. If you want a great view, you should go to Cinqueterre Residence instead (that's where my other friends stayed). La Casa di Venere is convenient if you want to stay close to the main street. Otherwise, you could be disappointed. It is not a romantic place, but a decent place if you want to spend a couple of nights in Riomaggiore without impressing your significant other

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank js2952
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We spent 3 nights there The photo are misleading is not a nice place to stay.
As a lot of places in Riomaggiore.
Also it is NOT a hotel but a room in an apartment, there are a lot inconvenience, no service since it is not a hotel, you need to pay cash, you need to add 23eur (cash) for parking per night.
The price was quite expensive since we wanted the room with shower.
If you look for romantic vacation Riomagiorre is not the right village, it is more like a bag-packers towns, next time we will look into any different Cinque terre villages

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank D S
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We were very pleased with our stay; the location was good, and the rooms were modern and spacious and they we had fridge in the room, so you can buy breakfast supplies from the store, or pick up a panini and cappuccino and have a breakfast outside. The staff was helpful as well. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenniinas
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I am not a picky person, and I have stayed in some pretty bad places, but at least they were cheap. This place was the worst, and expensive to boot.

Where to begin? As another guest mentioned, you have to voice all complaints within 15 minutes of entering the premises. I wish I had known that ahead of time, although I doubt 15 minutes would have been enough to point out all the crappy stuff about the room. The individual in charge rushes you along to go back to the office to pay - not sure if this an actual ploy to get you to pay without actually inspecting the room (I wouldn't be surprised).

The place was COVERED in mold. And super damp and moist. Everything smelled musky, even my own clothing after about 5 minutes. I felt like "Bootstrap Bill Turner" from Pirates of the Carribean - at any moment barnacles and other interesting sea life were going to sprout from my body. On the bright side, if you are bored at night, you can try to make out interesting shapes in the mold growing on the wall (Look, it's an elephant! That one looks like a stupid tourist!)

The air conditioner didn't work. I didn't complain because the air conditioner would only serve to make the place moldier, if that was possible. But it would have been nice to get a discount for it. (Oh an important note - there is no lobby and no reception area. The hotel is run from an office on the main street - however, good luck trying to find anyone in there. Once you check in, you will never see the person in charge again).

My favorite part was when there were no fresh towels the next day. That pretty much sucks, because if you used your towel, there is no way that thing is going to dry in that musky room. I was pretty pissed off. I have stayed in places where they don't give you towels, but at least they don't sodomize you with the room rate.

Oh, no soap, no shampoo. I lucked out I had some extra stuff from the other decently run hotels who didn't sodomize me where I stayed before this one.

I am not a big fan of cooking, so this kitchen was perfect for me, since you couldn't cook squat in it due to the lack of oil, the crappy electric burner, and other such nonsense. My husband enjoys cooking and he was excited about the possibility of cooking while staying there. Sad to say he was very disappointed with the condition of the kitchen.

I strongly recommend not staying at this place.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TYAM80
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We had read reviews of La Casa di Venere, and so were not expecting too much, and were aware of having to visit the office in the main street of Riomaggiore to book in, and not go direct to the accommodation. All in all the 2 night stay went smoothly. The office is just a short walk from the wharf and train station - right in the main street. Although it was closed for lunch when we arrived, it soon opened and after paying by credit card the woman in the office showed us to the room (a short walk along some quaint back streets and convenient to everything), and folded away the additional bed that we did not require and gave us tuition on how to open the door (which we practiced a number of times given that she informed us the office would be closed as it was Easter). The room itself was fairly clean but basically decorated/furnished, with it's own bathroom and was of a reasonable size. The beds were quite comfortable, but there were no additional pillows, and the air conditioning was not turned on, but thankfully we did not really require it. There appeared to be maybe 5-6 rooms in the building we were in, and there was noise from the hall as people came/went, and from the surrounding buildings - but it didn't disturb us too much... just probably more than what we had experienced staying at other hotels around Italy. As far as recommending it to others - probably explore other options and compare reviews etc.. Riomaggiore was a reasonable place to stay, although Vernazza was in our opinion a nicer option with a piazza looking over the little harbour, and some good seafood restaurants. A few of the cinque terre walks were closed due to landslides, but we took an early ferry to Monterosso, and walked to Vernazza. The track was quite good, and required a bit of stamina, and worth the views coming into Vernazza. We ate seafood at both Vernazza for lunch and Riomaggiore for dinner and it was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family