La Baia di Rio
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Riomaggiore
See available hotels
La Scogliera(Riomaggiore)
  • Beachfront
Affittacamere Edi(Riomaggiore)
Sol Levante(Riomaggiore)
  • Free Internet
Locanda Ca da Iride(Riomaggiore)
Locanda del Sole(Riomaggiore)
NiRia(Riomaggiore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjames cookabel tasmanmarco polohis mothertrain stationthe ownercinque terresmall kitchenetterented roomsamazing viewsfamily runpastathree nightsparking garageyour luggagegreat hostsbottle of wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March. We had a lovely little room with a terrace that had a view not matched in many other spots on earth. We dream of going back everyday. You will equally love it's owner! She was so friendly. This is something we decided right away, however the last day she proved to us that she was something special. I had a bit of an urgent medical issue and had to go to the hospital. It was 8am, and I was not sure what to do, as there are no public phones in the whole village (including any rented rooms such as ours). In 5 minutes she was at our door. She drove me to the hospital herself, and went in to make sure my bad Italian did not get me stuck. She has since emailed me a couple of times to make sure I am ok. Thanks to her, I am.
Try getting someone from almost any other hotel to do that for you. I dare you. :)
Out of all the reasons to love this place... THIS one is the reason we will be coming back. Thank you so much, for everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in the Marco Polo suite and it was fabulous! The 'L' shaped balcony had the beat views of the village and of the sea, we made the most of the view by having breakfast outside each morning. It was also a great spot to relax and unwind after a busy day hiking and visiting other villages. We often picked up some take away home made pasta for €5! And enjoyed a bottle of red with the pasta as we watched the sunset from our balcony. Maristella was a great host and nothing was too much trouble. Her recommendations on what to see and do during our stay were spot on! The room is what I would call a studio apartment with a comfy bed, a kitchenette, lounge, TV and dining table and a bathroom. The walk down to the village or the marina is well worth the effort, I looked at other accommodations that I had considered booking and I am so pleased I chose La Baia, it was by far the best place to stay. We loved Riomaggiorre best of all the villages that we visited and it is so easy to get around. Thanks again Maristella for a fabulous holiday, we will be back!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Excellent apartment on Via de Gaspari, above Riomaggiore with wonderful host, Maristella. Very clean and comfortable with a great terrace and fabulous views. She even met us at the train station, as we would never had gotten our luggage up the steep hill. Her restaurant reccomendation was spot on for seafood and view. No coffee maker was a odd exclusion, as the terrace would have been perfect for morning coffee.
My wife and I would reccomend Baia to anyone!

Room Tip: Book early as rooms fill up fast!
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed here two nights in one of the newer rooms on the bottom floor and it was so small we could barely walk around the bed, not to mention the bathroom where an average size person's knees would hit the wall when sitting on the commode. There was no closet or hooks to hang anything. The TV didn't work. On the plus side, Maristella was very nice and the room was clean with a window view of the sea. Could only get wifi in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Would recommend one of the larger rooms especially if staying more than one night.
1  Thank wanderer31310
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay in Riomaggiore. Emiliano and his Mother, Maristella, make you feel like you've come to visit family! They were extremely helpful and gracious. No need to research what to see or where to eat, because they will provide you with the precise information needed to do what you want in the time you have there.

Keeping in mind that the buildings in Riomaggiore have stood for hundreds of years, Baia di Rio is exceptionally clean, inviting and adapted to today's standards. The view from the Abel Tasman room balcony is irresistible and we found ourselves enjoying is much of the time we were back in the room both day and night!

Room Tip: The Abel Tasman room has views of the sea, the town and the mountins.