La Baia di Rio
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Riomaggiore
See available hotels
La Scogliera(Riomaggiore)
  • Beachfront
Affittacamere Edi(Riomaggiore)
Sol Levante(Riomaggiore)
  • Free Internet
Locanda Ca da Iride(Riomaggiore)
Locanda del Sole(Riomaggiore)
NiRia(Riomaggiore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjames cookabel tasmanmarco polohis mothertrain stationthe ownercinque terresmall kitchenetterented roomsamazing viewsfamily runpastathree nightsparking garageyour luggagegreat hostsbottle of wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed in this Christopher Columbo room and absolutely loved it. The balcony gives you one of the best views of the town, it is breathtaking. Emiliano and Maristella are amazing hosts, definitely recommend staying at La Baia di Rio!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank kch1289
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed in the James Cook room and we really loved this apartment. The room has a lovely terrace with a terrific view of Riomaggiore and the sea. The apartment has a small kitchenette and wi-fi and is the perfect size for a couple. When we arrived, Maristella, the owner and host, met us at the apartment and showed us around. After the tour, she not only recommended a restaurant (Enoteca Dau Cila), but also called them directly and made a reservation for us! The dinner was our favorite meal of our entire trip - so she knows what she's talking about! She was great, the apartment was great and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrsBJohnson_13
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Beleive all the good reviews, they are true. From Maristella being the perfect host to the fabulous views. We stayed in the Marco Polo suite and if it is available you should too. Our other room was Christopher Columbus and it was great too. We had stayed in Vernazza on another trip but I decided to try La Baia di Rio based on reviews here. I am very glad I did. We drove in and Maristella found us free parking for our large minivan (and drove me back and forth to park it). Honestly, coming home to the Marco Polo suite after a day of adventure is heaven. If you love being outside and patio's with a view, you will love this place. We spent three days and I wish it were many more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank IanFlemingFan
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March. We had a lovely little room with a terrace that had a view not matched in many other spots on earth. We dream of going back everyday. You will equally love it's owner! She was so friendly. This is something we decided right away, however the last day she proved to us that she was something special. I had a bit of an urgent medical issue and had to go to the hospital. It was 8am, and I was not sure what to do, as there are no public phones in the whole village (including any rented rooms such as ours). In 5 minutes she was at our door. She drove me to the hospital herself, and went in to make sure my bad Italian did not get me stuck. She has since emailed me a couple of times to make sure I am ok. Thanks to her, I am.
Try getting someone from almost any other hotel to do that for you. I dare you. :)
Out of all the reasons to love this place... THIS one is the reason we will be coming back. Thank you so much, for everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in the Marco Polo suite and it was fabulous! The 'L' shaped balcony had the beat views of the village and of the sea, we made the most of the view by having breakfast outside each morning. It was also a great spot to relax and unwind after a busy day hiking and visiting other villages. We often picked up some take away home made pasta for €5! And enjoyed a bottle of red with the pasta as we watched the sunset from our balcony. Maristella was a great host and nothing was too much trouble. Her recommendations on what to see and do during our stay were spot on! The room is what I would call a studio apartment with a comfy bed, a kitchenette, lounge, TV and dining table and a bathroom. The walk down to the village or the marina is well worth the effort, I looked at other accommodations that I had considered booking and I am so pleased I chose La Baia, it was by far the best place to stay. We loved Riomaggiorre best of all the villages that we visited and it is so easy to get around. Thanks again Maristella for a fabulous holiday, we will be back!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple