“Awesome find in Riomaggiore”
Review of La Baia di Rio

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riomaggiore
La Baia di Rio
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Riomaggiore
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We spent two nights and wish we spent more two more. The owners were so welcoming and helpful, from restaurant, sightseeing and hiking information to storing our luggage. The inn is up the hill and has a beautiful view. Rooms were very modern, beds comfortable, bathrooms spotless and great WiFi for research. Of the Cinque Terre towns we visited, Riomaggiore was the most peaceful and least trod upon. Lots of stairs and alleyways, but isn't that why one is in Cinque Terre. Would absolutely come back here for a longer stay. Definitely use the ferry service for the day, ask Emiliano for an itinerary when you.stay at his inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mainerkbk

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night in the Ansel room and it was worth every penny. Emiliano was a delight. The place can be tricky to find and it requires a steep walk up to the top but it's worth it for the view. The room itself is basic but my husband and I don't need a lot of amenities. Be sure to bring your own shampoo and soap as it is not provided there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank btm1323
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

In a situation like this, location trumps almost any con. I wanted to share to help others avoid the same hassles we had upon arrival. In Cinque Terre you expect to lug your bags up some hills. We were hoping to use the elevator that had been mentioned to us but it was shut down. I wish we had been told this before. After the long upward hike with bags in the rain we were feeling a little grumpy. I was looking for the sign of the hotel but saw none so we kept going up, up. Finally we asked a local and they said we passed it. We headed back down and passed it again but this kind man had been watching us in the rain and pointed it out to us. There is no sign so be aware that you must know the number and look at the name on the door bell. It was raining and with luggage we had a hard time seeing this. We tried the door but it was locked so we rang, and rang, and rang. We were there some time only getting a message saying in Italian that the line was occupied. Now what? My gripe? We had never been told this was not a hotel but just rooms to rent. If I would have been told ahead of time that there was no signage and no reception and the elevator was not working I would have been better prepared. We live in Germany now so luckily I had phone service and turned on roaming and called the number I had from the email. By this time someone was coming out of the house and we were able to stand in the small doorway and get ourselves out of the rain while waiting for Enzio to show up. I just want others to be aware that after a long day of travel you may not be able to get into the property. We were told that sometimes in the rain the doorbell doesn't alert the manager and you will need to find a way to contact them on your own. Of course it's a beautiful spot and our room was good sized for ourselves and son. What I have written was the one and only fault of this property.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank mommoves
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We just left Riomaggiore this morning and would highly recommend staying at La Baia di Rio. It's a great location in the heart of the gorgeous town. Our room had a lovely deck with gorgeous views, a kitchenette, bathroom, and fairly comfortable bed. The proprietor was so warm and friendly, very attentive, and extremely helpful. Upon our arrival she gave us recommendations on how to plan our stay, told us about the town, and made dinner recommendations for us. I would recommend this place to any of my friends and family. Note that it is a fairly simple and quaint place, but totally worth the trade off for the breathtaking views.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monique W
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our favorite spot in our entire Italy trip. You will not find a better view in Cinque Terre, and the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners was an added perk. We stayed in the Abel Tasman room, which was a great room and very nice bathroom. Sitting out on the balcony overlooking the town and water and seeing everyone in the town out on their balconies cannot be beat. I will be recommending friends to stay here for a long, long time. Thanks for making our honeymoon more special.

Room Tip: The Abel Tasman room has a great view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JDC1451
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location was wonderful and the hosts were friendly and helpful. Because of the view I would actually say that this is the BEST place to stay in Riomaggiore, but book early.

Only very small downside was no kettle or way of heating water for a cuppa - and if there are guests in the upstairs rooms the noise seems to travel through quite loud.

But frankly I would choose this place again so those are really small issues.

Room Tip: I had the front room of the Abel Tasman section which had a lovely view. The back room has a simil...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessebel
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from two nights here. Great location in Christopher Columbus rooms. A one and half bedroom with nice size bathroom. But the best is the view from balcony. Emiliano is a great host and offers lots of suggestions for your time there. Extra bonus is parking at a locked garage. Suggested was Cila for dinner and it was excellent. We liked the octopus carpaccio as a starter and tuna for dinner. A great location for outdoor dining. Beautiful sunset. Go during off season to really enjoy. Bella!

Room Tip: Read descriptions See pictures.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Betsy R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riomaggiore
Locanda del Sole
#10 of 11 in Riomaggiore
Hotel Marina Piccola
Hotel Marina Piccola
#1 of 2 in Manarola

Been to La Baia di Rio? Share your experiences!