“Wonderful stay, friendly host”
Review of Tre Terrazzi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernazza
Tre Terrazzi
Ranked #31 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Before booking, you should get your expectations in line. As described in many of the reviews here, you are sharing the apartment with the owner. Yes, you do you have your own floor and bathroom, and yes, the terraces and kitchen are on the same floor as his living quarters. That being said, you are 100% welcome to use the terraces as you like. The rooms are clean, and bathroom, although small, is very clean. The people complaining about the narrow steps leading up to the apartment and small bathroom need a reality check - you are in Europe, and Vernazza has been around for hundreds of years.

As for the host himself, Enzo is the man. He invited me to have a glass of wine with him on the terrace when I arrived, and he even cooked me some lunch the next day with some fresh local anchovies in his grandmother's recipe. He also provides great recommendations on where to eat, not only in Vernazza but in the other 5T towns as well. He couldn't have been more friendly or welcoming. This place is a great option, especially if you are a solo traveler.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tyssteakhouse

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We spent eleven nights at Tre Terazzi in August. The B&B is located in the center of Vernazza, just a minutes walk to the main piazza. The apartment is in the third floor so be prepared for some steep steps (as always in Cinque Terre) but it is all worth it. The bedroom had a lot of space for two people and the bathroom was small but functional. The best feature of the B&B, however, is the three terraces with stunning views, facing both the village and the sea and the surrounding mountains. Enzo is a very uncomplicated host with a great passion for life. He makes you feel welcome at once! We had a fantastic stay and won´t hesitate to come back the next time we visit Vernazza.

Mille grazie Enzo!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krifo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at Tre Terrazzi in early August. Enzo was a perfect host, meeting us at the train station and helping us with luggage and with an abundance of helpful information including recommendations for where to eat. Through him we were able to gain a little rare and genuine insight into life in the beautiful small village of Vernazza .... a highlight of our trip. Because it was hot, we followed the advice of another traveller and got up early to undertake the 2 hour-fabulous walk to Monterosso, swam, had a coffee and caught the train back to enjoy breakfast with Enzo on the balcony. We thoroughly recommend staying at Tre Terazzi.

Room Tip: Because we were 2 singles sharing the one bathroom, Enzo gave us both available rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meredith U
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Enzo, the owner is such an amazing guy. He is a very kind, funny and humble host. My family and I stayed at Enzo's for about 3 days. It is a very simple and comfortable place to stay. The plus is the complementary breakfast made by Enzo and Antonetta. We had a lovely time staying there, and I would highly recommend it to any of my friends and family. Thank you Enzo!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that you will have to climb a lot of stairs wherever you stay in Vernazza, so pack ligh...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ketch2damust
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in between Tuscany and Venice. Let me start my saying Enzo is a very gracious host. We chatted via phone before we boarded our train in Pisa. When I spoke to him he said he would meet us at the train station. Well all trains connect in La Spezia and the go to each of the towns in Cinque Terre. To our surprise Enzo met us in La Spezia. He asked us if we were on our way to Vernazza and greeted us with a hug! We chatted the entire train to our stop and he walked us to his place. He then made us a drink, an " Americano" and we sat on his terrace as he told us about Vernazza. He made us breakfast each morning and we loved the coffee and fresh toast! The upper terrace was not open to us but that was ok, as the other views were fine and we did not spend a ton of time inside. Enzo keeps a very clean place and has only 2 rooms. Once he fills a room he does not rent the other one! The bathroom is small and yes there are a lot of stairs but what do you expect its Italy and Cinque Terre. Enzo was a perfect host! I would recommend this B n B to any couple!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 26 August 2012

If you want an Italian experience that is real, it's here.
Don't come for a 5 star hotel with lifts because you will be dissappointed. This is a village built on the hill side so expect stairs and great views and a little effort on the part of the traveller and you will be well catered for.
We had 7 nights with 4 of us...My husband and I then my daughter and a friend and we all loved our time here. Vernazza hadn't quite recovered from the land slides but every day the progress was obvious and we still thought it was a delightful and lovely village with plenty of great food options despite locals telling us it had a long way to recovery.
Our accommodation at Tre Trazzi was clean and comfortable and the breakfasts made by Nancy could not have been more generously prepared and catered for. Enzo asked us what we liked and then presented us with some lovely and plentiful feasts.
The most wonderful afternoons were spent on the roof with an appertiffe and a couple of snacks watching the sun set or just watching the world go by.
O.K. the bathroom is small...no, tiny but we weren't living in that!!!
The trails were too hot to walk during the day (end June/ early July) so we chose to walk early, take our trail money and pay at the first available ticket office. Much less crowded as well. we did shorter walks in the day such as the easy Monorola-Rio Maggiori.
Also available is a 2 day train and trail pass which was a good option. Our favourite thing to do became an early morning walk to Monterosso, a swim and then a train back for breakfast.
Another early morning walk up the ridge from Vernazza was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed with the wonderful Enzo for 3 nights in June. His B&B is like staying with a Italian family, in an apartment with killer views. From the minute you reach Vernazza, Enzo is waiting for you at the station to ensure you don't get lost. He helped carry our luggage, and yes there are many steps but it's Cinque Terra and these towns are built on mountainsides, so what would you expect (lifts weren't invented when these towns were built!)

The apartment is light and airy, cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in. Enzo only rents the apartment to one couple at a time (the apartment has 2 double bedrooms), so you dont have to worry about sharing with randoms. As we are a young couple, Enzo was so kind as to stay out of the apartment of an evening. We had some great chats with Enzo in the morning at breakfast to help plan our day and then he was gone when we back from exploring to enjoy the place by ourselves.

Breakfast each morning was served on the terrace over looking the town.It changed daily, simply communicate any dietary requirements, no problem he will accommodate everything you need.

Yes, the bathroom is on the small side, but it's adequate for what you need. We don't tend to hang out in bathrooms, so the size didn't bother us when we had 180 degree views of the sea from the terrace! Rooms are a good size and there are insect screens on the windows so you can enjoy the sea breeze all night.

Enzo can also supply toothpaste, soap, bug spray, sunblock etc. Fresh towels everyday, room made up etc. If you need it Enzo will provide it.

Enzo, we cannot thank you enough for our special cinque terra stay. And thank you for posting my credit card express to my Rome hotel - a legend! We would 100% stay again if we were lucky enough to visit again.

Why Vernazza?
Initially, whilst researching the 5 different towns, I was recommended by a few friends to stay in Monterosso and I'm so glad we didn't. It was over crowded and over priced. I have to say after reading about the floods in Vernazza I was hesitant about staying in this village, however we took a chance and it certainly paid off. The township have gone through such a terrible experience, and have really gone into over drive and have rebuilt most of what has been damaged. It also felt good to support this small town in a small way, as tourism is slow from what we have been told. This also means for tourists that the town isn't over crowed, we always got a table, no fighting for space to swim (or rent a beach chair for 20 euro) which was pleasant.

What are you waiting for, enquire now before it gets booked out!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple