“THE place for swordfish”

Trattoria da Sandro
Ranked #14 of 35 Restaurants in Vernazza
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had dinner here on a local recommendation. This restaurant had swordfish made 6 different ways, and my wife and I had two of them. They were totally different dishes with the same fish. Very delicious and well presented.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Enjoyed a good meal and a respectable house wine. The staff seemed inattentive, and kept removing things from the table that we were still using? We felt really rushed- which is not normal for Italy and took away from the experience.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I don't really expect much from service, and I almost never review on it, but man alive the waiter was rude. Besides that, the food just wasn't that great. Comparing the pesto with trofie from Sandro vs. Gianni Franzi (the only other place I had it), it's not even close. Given all the great food we had over two weeks in Italy, this place stood out for it's mediocrity.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I was there with my family at lunch.I took a frittura (tiny portion for the price) and french fries. For dessert I had a very good apple pie. food was good, but the guy serving at the tables was quite rude

Reviewed 19 April 2014

food was OK, nothing great but the portions were very tiny for the price. rude owners & staff. denied us tap water so we had to buy mineral water even if we did not need it.

another pair of travelers was asked to go elsewhere for "just coffee" as they only had place for people who wanted to eat food, despite the whole restaurant being almost empty at the time!