“Best view of Vernazza”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernazza
Camere - Rooms di Martina Callo
Ranked #17 of 39 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed in Room 1. The room is extremely spacious and it has breaktaking views! The room has very large windows in which you open and it beholds an amazing view of the sea and the center of Vernazza. There was also a nice breeze at night so it wasn't uncomfortable at any point. I would definitely come back here and stay again. Breakfast is not included but there are places around the area just steps away where you can get breakfast easily. Loved and enjoyed our stay!=)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy_Mehta

Reviewed 7 October 2013

With the windows in Room 1 open we acted like locals and hung out our laundry on the line while watching residents and fellow travelers eating, drinking coffee, socializing on Marco Square. With windows closed we cut out the noise of the square and enjoyed the AC during the warmer afternoon hours. Watching the square come alive around 7 each morning was such a treat, and from room 1 we could determine if our favorite restaurant was getting busy. Martina's room 1 is very spacious and comfortable. We had some trouble with WIFI connections which turned out to be our misreading of the password, but within minutes after we mentioned it to Martina's helper whom we found drinking coffee with friends on the square Martina found us and helped us correct the problem. Marco Square is like a small town and seems everyone knows everyone else. Very delightful stay in Vernazza and Room 1.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank christmasMo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Four of us (two groups of two) stayed in Rooms 3 and 1 for one night in early September. The location is unbeatable, the terrace in Room 3 and the view from Room 1 are among the best in Vernazza, and Martina was a breeze to work with. As far as I know, however, these are the only two of Martina's rooms with a sea view, and as such I couldn't recommend the other rooms (which I believe are the same price). Room 1 is bigger than Room 3 (can sleep up to 4), but Room 3 has a terrace, which is fantastic.

The Good:
- located right on the main square and near the water
- given the location and view, Rooms 1 and 3 were a good value
- Martina was very responsive via email during booking, and she made check in and check out extremely easy and convenient, and she can be reached at any time via phone from the call box at the front of the building (a huge help for travelers without mobile phones)
- Martina's father was also very helpful in allowing us to store and retrieve luggage after check out

The Bad:
- there was no bad. The only reason I can't see fit to rate the rooms five stars is that they are so bare bones (just a simple bed, plastic chairs and no embellishments). But really, what's inside seems so inconsequential compared to what is outside the window.

The Neutral:
- It's a four story walk up to the Rooms (no lift available), which may be a problem for some visitors

Room Tip: Room 3 is the only room with a terrace, and it is well worth it to ask for this room specifically...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ajroth1982
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After reading the reviews here I contacted Martina (just google "Camere Martina Vernazza" to find it) to see if I could stay in room #3, which is the best one (with the terrace). Unfortunately it was booked for the first night so she proposed for us to stay in the other room (#4) and then move to room #3 for the next 2 nights. Room #4 has no view and its window face an alley, but it is spacious, clean and comfortable. Room #3 is absolutely amazing with a astonishing view of Vernazza port. The rooms are also very clean, I know because I saw Martina cleaning #3 and it was almost OCD like cleaning. Very nice and totally worth the money.
Pros:
- Room #3 amazing terrace
- Clean
- Free wifi that you can use even in the main square/port.
- Parking spot (she has just one, for small cars, so check with her beforehand)
- Location
Cons:
-No elevator, so you will face a lot of stairs (4 levels) to reach room #3.

Room Tip: Room #3. If not available try to see if you can stay in another room and then move to it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dakial
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife, Lyndel and I had read numerous articles and view many photos of Vernazza and the Cinque Terre but it does not due it justice until you see it in person. Like Heaven on Earth is all I can say. You must have the top floor room #3 with the private terrace overlooking the harbor. Wine and sunsets are all you need to make your life complete here! The 70 something stairsteps can be a killer but it is worth it. We will be back! Also, a wonderful restaurant is nearby on the point, Ristorante Belforte.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigMikefromNola
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Staying in Vernazza was the best decision we made. Martina was very helpful and easy to locate when we needed her. It's just a room, no breakfast. Breakfast was easy to find with a yummy patisserie down the road. We stayed in Room #1 the first night. It was absolutely wonderful, with a little balcony overlooking the plaza and the sea. Unfortunately we had to change to Room #2 the 2nd and 3rd nights. No view from this room and it was pretty dark and musty in there. Doesn't really matter though, as we spent all of our time out and only slept in the room. The beds weren't very comfortable though but we were so tired it didn't matter. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. I would recommend Martina's room as she is very friendly and the rooms are in a great location. Just try to get a room with a view! So worth it!

Room Tip: Room with a view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lotsaboysmama
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I knew I was last minute and I was told that the room had no view which was fine. But the room (4) had no light and had a slight musky odour from the lack of circulation. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom good. The location, in Piazza Marconi, is superb. I didn't really see anyone apart from Martina's father when I arrived and Martina on the penultimate day. Because of the lack of view and the darkness I wouldn't recommend this particular room. I am sure that the terraced rooms above we're much better. I thought the room was a little overpriced and breakfast was not included but there are lots of places to eat nearby. Vernazza is a great village with a setting to die for. The Cinque Terre, a UNESCO heritage site, in general is a real gem and well worth a visit. The villages cling to the cliffs and the colourful facades of the buildings come to life as the sun rises and sets. Pick a room with a view!!!

Stayed: July 2013