“Overly expensive!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Rapallo, Italy
“Overly expensive!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

It was a few years since we went to this restaurant and perhaps it is under new management now. In any event, the site remains the same: beautiful terrace overlooking the bay at Boccadasse, Genova. The menu lacked a traditional "insalata di frutti di mare" (fresh seafood antipasto). However, the waiter recommended a fresh raw seafood antipasto platter which sounded good. The rest of the menu included typical Ligurian dishes as well as a beef tartare which our daughter had. Not bad. However, when we received the bill, I was outraged to see that the recommended antipasto (not on the menu) cost 30 euro each! A complete ripoff, especially since the price was not listed in the menu and not even on a chalk board. Thus, the Capo Santa Chiara restaurant lost this client (total of three!). Moral of the story: either stay away or ask for the price for the daily "specials".

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Franc-Rapallo

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing restaurant!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I just returned from a vacation in Liguria, Italy. I went back to my father's hometown of Genoa, where I went to celebrate my aunt's 100th birthday. I stopped in Boccadasse where I had been many times, and stopped in at the Santa Chiara restaurant that has the best view in Genoa.

I was amazed. The new management completely renovated the place and it was outstanding!!! The decor, the service and the food were excellent. It was so good that I hosted my aunt's 100th birthday there and we had a fantastic time! I will recommend this restaurant to anyone who goes to Genoa - it was that awesome!!!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Notoboy
New York City, New York
“Wonderful new place”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My wife and I visited Santa Chiara a few years ago. Things have changed - we found a newly renovated restaurant under new management. According to the staff, the restaurant was closed for the past two years while they renovated the entire building and the walls by the ocean. This new place has the best food we had on our trip to Italy. I highly recommend the spaghetti with lime and Shrimp. The views were amazing.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank pvpaliath
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Used to be very good, but now... just expensive. The location however is very nice”
Reviewed 18 October 2008

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Genoa, Italy
“amazing”
Reviewed 29 September 2008

it is in the lovely boccadasse, go there during summer and eat on the amazing terrace on the sea!
great sea food , but of course expensive! ...like all the other restaurants in wonderful boccadasse, but it worth!

3 Thank mkvalya