“incredible location, quality restaurant”
Review of Santa Chiara

Santa Chiara
Ranked #684 of 2,138 Restaurants in Genoa
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2012

i came with my wife, had a table on the terrace just over the sea, Boccadasse is so charming that sitting and looking around could be enough for the evening, some of the tables are actually over the sea and the sunset makes the rest. food is very good, too, quality ingredients, well prepared and served, service is very corteous, just a bit too much to wait between entries, but maitre excused us because of a big group of 30 more people that reserved our same night, and was sitting nearby. We had good "antipasti" specially the capesante a la milanese, a bottle of vermentino and the seafood risotto, excellent, but could used a little more, finished with dessert, peach bavarese and chocolate with pistachio cream just good as well, expensive because of service, location and name, but all in all acceptable. it was more than ok.

1  Thank giorobb

Reviewed 13 May 2012

It was a few years since we went to this restaurant and perhaps it is under new management now. In any event, the site remains the same: beautiful terrace overlooking the bay at Boccadasse, Genova. The menu lacked a traditional "insalata di frutti di mare" (fresh seafood antipasto). However, the waiter recommended a fresh raw seafood antipasto platter which sounded good. The rest of the menu included typical Ligurian dishes as well as a beef tartare which our daughter had. Not bad. However, when we received the bill, I was outraged to see that the recommended antipasto (not on the menu) cost 30 euro each! A complete ripoff, especially since the price was not listed in the menu and not even on a chalk board. Thus, the Capo Santa Chiara restaurant lost this client (total of three!). Moral of the story: either stay away or ask for the price for the daily "specials".

1  Thank Franc-Rapallo
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I just returned from a vacation in Liguria, Italy. I went back to my father's hometown of Genoa, where I went to celebrate my aunt's 100th birthday. I stopped in Boccadasse where I had been many times, and stopped in at the Santa Chiara restaurant that has the best view in Genoa.

I was amazed. The new management completely renovated the place and it was outstanding!!! The decor, the service and the food were excellent. It was so good that I hosted my aunt's 100th birthday there and we had a fantastic time! I will recommend this restaurant to anyone who goes to Genoa - it was that awesome!!!

1  Thank Notoboy
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My wife and I visited Santa Chiara a few years ago. Things have changed - we found a newly renovated restaurant under new management. According to the staff, the restaurant was closed for the past two years while they renovated the entire building and the walls by the ocean. This new place has the best food we had on our trip to Italy. I highly recommend the spaghetti with lime and Shrimp. The views were amazing.

2  Thank pvpaliath
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Genova, Italia
Reviewed 18 October 2008

Used to be very good, but now... just expensive. The location however is very nice

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook