Bin & Ban Bed & Breakfast
  • Restaurant
Hotel Nologo(Genoa)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsother guestsa great stayb bbrignole train stationtop floorwithin walking distanceminute walkone nightromanifeliceterrasapartmentcitybalconybedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed two nights at Bin & Ban and can warmly recommend it. My room was spotlessly clean, so was shared bathroom, probably cleanest I've ever seen. There is only 2-3 guest rooms, so all in all atmosphere is quite peaceful. There is entrance to a big roof terrace from both rooms and also breakfast is served (weather allowing) in the roof terrace with beautiful views all over Genova. In fact Bin & Ban is a upper floor of residential house, so write carefully down the address and number of the flat to find it. Breakfast was typical italian with cakes, jams and croissants, but I also got nice fresh strawberries and pieces of melons. Host Anna is very nice and friendly, really lovely lady. There is some (not tough) uphill walk to Anna's house, so if walking is a problem, you have a kid in pushchair etc, then Bin&Ban is not necessarily the best option. But for all the others it offers nice peaceful sleep - without noise of downtown but still near the centre.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
AnnaVGenova, Proprietario at Bin & Ban Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thanks, it is always a pleasure to know that my efforts in ensuring my guests enjoy their stay and are satisfied with my B&B are successful.
It was lovely to meet you and I hope you will come back again one day.
See you and take care!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Even though it's a little bit on the outskirts it's not too far off. Parking is difficult but seems to be secure in comparison with the center. We didn't like the fact that the rooms seem to belong to the former children. But the host is very friendly and we had one of the better breakfast (remember, we are in Italy). Only real problem - cleaning? No!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry that you didn't like the room. It was really nice to meet you, if you decide to come back I will be happy to give you the bigger room. Anna

Reviewed 17 May 2012

i stayed at bin & ban for two nights. the location was easy to find, but it's flat number 26 in the building 18. So, don't get frustrated if you can't see any sign of your b&b when you arrive. it is a bit far away from the tourist attractions, but certainly not much, and the streets to walk there are also very nice. the owner, Anna, was very kind and warm. breakfast may be moderate, but the way she serves it, and especially the fruit salad makes you feel very good in the morning. no need to mention the beautiful view of the terrace. the bathroom was shared, but since it's not a big house with a lot of other guests, it wasn't a problem for me. everywhere was neat, clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
AnnaVGenova, Proprietario at Bin & Ban Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thanks for your kind words, I would love to be able to offer a richer breakfast (as I used to do previously) but now I had to comply with an Italian normative (unfortunately!) that is quite restrictive in terms of manipulation of food that can be offered to B&B guests. I am glad you liked it anyway and enjoyed your stay here!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We spent 2 nights at the end of January at Bin e Ban B&B. When we arrived I found it a bit weird that the name of the B&B was not on the buzzer and had a brief moment of confusion in finding the place. However, once we got to the pent-house level B&B we were greeted by the wonderful Anna who showed us around her B&B and explained everything we had to know.
It was one of the best B&B's we had stayed in in Italy. The bathroom was well stocked and very clean, the room was comfortable and even had a kettle with tea and coffee to have whenever we wanted. Breakfast (which was an assortment of fruits, yogurts, breads/cakes and teas/coffee) in the morning was served "buffet-style" in the common room overlooking the beautiful view of the mountains and city. Had it not been winter and snowing ( which only happens every 50 years - lucky us), I'm sure we would have had breakfast on the terrace that wraps around the whole place.
The location is great in relation to the train station (~5-10 min walk), but a bit of a walk to the old town and main tourist sites. In nice weather it would be a lovely walk (~15-20 min).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelMeow
Reviewed 15 October 2011

the breakfast is "a la italiana" and the appartment is located in the sixth floor. Genova is a very charming city and I really enjoyed this clean and comfortable room with a terrific terrace and a very friendly owner who made worthwhile my three days stay in Genova. my room had a lot of light and a very comfortable bed. besides you have a table on the terrace to enjoy the morning or the sunset.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo