1. I had to ask for my room to made up having been missed and specifically asked for more soap. The request was partially granted and little was replenished. Given that I was there for 4 nights this was an issue.
2. I had requested for a wine bottle opener over the phone and I was put on hold and then the phone was hung up. I went down to front desk to make the request and received an abrasive, derogatory, rude response instructing me to go outside to the restaurant to get one.
3. I had an early checkout and I had to go next door with all my luggage to the adjacent hotel to close out the checkout.
Overall I am surprised that this hotel has an excellence rating. My experience would not support this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Hotel Continental Genova Art Nouveau style, completely renovated with strategic location opposite Genova Principe Train Station and walking distance from the Genova downtown. It offers elegant air conditioned rooms with parquet floors, free Wi-Fi, Media set Premium TV channels. Some rooms include a Jacuzzi bath and have bow windows overlooking historical Piazza Acquaverde. In the morning is served delicious rich buffet breakfast with local fresh products. In the Tralalero Genovese Trattoria can be tasted Italian dishes and savored Liguria specialties. Multi -functional congress rooms with day light and plenary congress hall with capacity up to 230 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Continental Genova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.