“worth checking out”

and up
Genoa City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #17 of 307 things to do in Genoa
More attraction details
Owner description: This renaissance-era building is now home to an art museum.
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I saw an art exhibition here. I booked online in advance which let me go to the front of a 300 strong queue - even though it was before 11 am. So I would recommend visiting major shows only if you pre-book. Every bag including handbags must be checked into the cloakroom so put your cash and cards in a wallet you can put in your pocket. The "m2 cafe" within the compound on the ground floor is excellent and has free wifi. I had a huge plate of different fish for €13 - a third of the price of Milan. The staff were not so courteous but for the price it was not an issue for me. The bookshop is very good.

2  Thank London_Travellers_09
There are newer reviews for Palazzo Ducale

Reviewed 25 April 2012

This palazzo has a collection that includes works by Titian, Durer and Caravaggio.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Saw some great artists here and the museum was not too large for our very small girls. They enjoyed it as well. Saw art by Gauguin, Monet, and Van Gogh!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

It was great to stumble across the Gogh/Gaugin exhibition, however even though the building is truly a delight it is impossible to find the entrance and the staff are mostly uninterested in giving any help.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We went to see the Van Gogh an Gauguin exhibition. After waiting on a queue I found out that I have to pay additional 6€ for headphoenes device. I've been in many museums around the world and usually there is no fee for translation device, or at least it is symbolic. A friend of mine who entered a few minutes later wasn't even told that there was such an option and when she finally found where the exhibition was she was very disappointed to see not a word in english. As long as Еnglish is considered to be an international language and Genoa is a touristic destination it seems a little chauvinistic. While We were in, my boyfriend unsuccessfully tried to find the exhibition "Race. Alla conquista del Polo Sud"

Otherwise Genoa is a lovely place