“Great gelato ”

U Gelato du Caruggiu
Ranked #1 of 90 Dessert in Genoa
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Dining options: After-hours
Description: U Gelato du Caruggiu is a typical italian ice-cream shop: ice-cream is prepared following the traditional italian recipes. We offer a varied selection of cream and fruit flavours made with fresh and local ingredients. Great success for the selection of alcoholic flavours and for all the popsicles we created.U Gelato du Caruggiu è una tipica gelateria italiana: il gelato è preparato seguendo le ricette della tradizione italiana. Offriamo una selezione di diversi gusti alla frutta e alla crema, tutto preparato con ingredienti freschi e locali. La nostra selezione di gelati alcoolici hanno avuto un grande successo, così come per i nostri ghiaccioli.
“Great gelato ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Homemade ice creams made in the store. Extra dark chocolate and cherry were both amazing. Must try. The owner was very kind. Tucked in a small alley but worth finding.

• Polish first
Genoa, Italy
“Spectacular Ice-Cream!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A post-dinner pit-stop brought us to this tiny ice-cream shop that hides a pearl in matters of taste. I took an hazelnut ice-cream so good and if I wasn't that full I would have bought a second one! Advised!!

Visited May 2014
Manama, Bahrain
“Great”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hop includes most popular ice cream flavors and it has the most delicious ice cream in Genoa, Italy

• Visited May 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent, lives up to the rating”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I love the creativity and selection of flavors. The flavors are very intense and fresh. The orange was fantastic. I also liked the rosemary.

• Visited April 2014
England
“What a find”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I'll admit that we only went here because of the reviews on TA. You'll need a city map to find it as its tucked down one of the tiny side streets not far from the cathedral. To be honest I'm a bit of a fraidy cat & fund them a bit intimidating but they're fine during the day.
We weren't disappointed. The two of us had a double scoop of 2 different flavours in a waffle cone each. Having devoured copious amounts of ice cream during our two weeks in Italy this was by far the best. I cannot disagree more with You BeeTs who says it had no flavour - the depth of flavours was really good. I make ice cream myself at home & know how difficult it is to balance depth of flavour and its even harder when using real ingredients rather than flavourings.

• Visited September 2013