“Great food and atmosphere”

Soul Kitchen il Ristorante
Ranked #242 of 2,330 Restaurants in Genoa
Price range: US$15 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Although I am an experienced traveller I found Genoa daunting, particularly at night. It was hard to find somewhere to eat that did not involve a scary alleyway or a long dark walk with shadowy lurking figures. This little place was an oasis of calm and cool 1970s music. The owner was very friendly and explained the menu. They keep the door locked during service to make the diners feel safer. Food was local and interesting. Homemade bread, pasta and sauces. Best pesto of our trip and very tasty rabbit terrine to start. Husband loved the falafels and I had super fish ravioli. It was a very pleasant meal in a cosy restaurant with a calm and reassuring atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 13 September 2015

The menu is a mix of traditional and creative Ligurian dishes. I enjoyed their Trofie pasta with pesto, a warm seafood salad, and the Smoked Tuna over watermelon. Friendly service. Ancient stone dining area.

1  Thank jcbill
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Nice location and service! Food really good! I like it and I will suggest to my friends! A little hard to find and me and my wife were being lucky cause we didn't book. We went after check it out here! :)

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Just walked by, stepped in and were happy we did. Delicious and creative food, welcoming atmosphere. Exactly what we were looking for. We'll be back when in Genoa next time.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

Good quick lunch. Three choices for main, water or house wine and coffee or fruit. Cheery service. Tables inside an old building, so cool and comfortable.

Date of visit: July 2015