“Initially impressed but ultimately disappointed.”
Review of Hotel Nologo

Hotel Nologo
Ranked #13 of 91 Hotels in Genoa
London
“Initially impressed but ultimately disappointed.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel is not far from the station making it very easy to find. On the downside, our balcony faced into the narrow side-street where crowds of youths hung around outside the hostel, drinking and revving their scooters until very late into the night. The crowd did seem to evaporate at approximately midnight.

At first we were impressed by the cleanliness and size of the room, however, we woke up to thousands of ants scurrying around the floor. This resembled a scene from a 1980s horror film. Some items of food had to be thrown away, but worst of all, they had found their way into our bags and rucksacks which inevitably marked as some of our clothes.

A kind member of staff on the desk apologised, gave us a different room and offered us - one night's stay for free. He was very sympathetic and his customer service skills were impeccable. The replacement room was significantly smaller, and we had to share a double bed which was not ideal, however, as this night was to be free of charge, we pushed these thoughts out of our minds.

When I checked my bank account, it was clear that I had NOT received the refund promised.

When I queried the refund, the previous warm reception from the staff had evaporated. They didn't want to know. As by this time we had checked-out, I requested a phone-call back, this did not happen. I then called again where I was told to express my case via email.

The response from hotel Nologo to my email included the following:

'there is no possibility to refund you and it's also strange that someone of the staff could have told you that for an accident '

I would never stay there again...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank Andy R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
São Paulo
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, walk easily to city center, tiny lift, tiny room, tiny shower. Clean and modern deco...breakfast like average: Apple, bread, coffee..broken tv. No closets..had to hang some clothes ...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pbrugugnoli
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I came to Hotel Nologo with my boyfriend for a weekend. I didnt know what to expect because the hotel was new and not many reviews were available. I must say, this is a great hotel for that price! I payed for double room around 50 euros. Room was clean and although there is not much furniture or decorations, it has a good atmosphere. Bathroom was clean and I was surprised by duvets on beds! - In most hotels, hostels, guesthouses they use only a thin blanket.
The music style of hotel makes it fresh. I recommend it especially for young people or young families. Staff was very friendly and I appreciate a lot that they had no problem with our earlier check-in and late check-out (we came about 2 hours earlier and the last day checked out 1 hour later)
Location is perfect! It is 5 minutes by walk from metro station and train station and in walking distance from city center. It takes 10 minutes to get to Piazza di Ferrari by walk!
GREAT STAY!