“Absolutely wonderful!”

Osteria Della Corte
Ranked #3 of 428 Restaurants in La Spezia
Price range: US$34 - US$69
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fantastic little restaurant, not far from Hotel Firenze e Continental. Great food, the chef (she) and (i think) the owner (photographed on their web page) are really friendly and chatted with me about my choices. He asked me all about my preferences before recommending a lovely local wine.
Denmark
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This little restaurant was recommended to us by local friends as one of La Spezia's best restaurants. I'm sure it is. Charming little courtyard with a nice atmosphere. Owner came to our table to recommend a wine, and having heard the natural 'biodinamico' wine was great, we opted for a bottle. Owner said it was not to everyone's taste, but we liked it very much. We had a selection of ham and baked eggplant and smoked cheese as starters, both were excellent, and we both had seabass as a main course, which was also nice. Being totally stuffed, we shared the Sichuan pepper parfait with liquid licorice as a dessert. Being scandinavian, we're quite used to the licorice taste, but I never thought I should find this ingredient in anything anywhere south of Denmark. Surprise. It was a masterpiece. My compliments to the kitchen!
Such a treat on a lovely summer evening. We'll be back for sure!

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
County Dublin, Ireland
“It was a great experience: Complimenti!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I booked a place in that restaurant after seeing the positive comments here and it was close to the place we stayed. I advise you to call to book before. It's street was very calm and a bit dark but the restaurant was full of people enjoying and eating.They were mostly italians. We had cheese tasting plate as starter and then we had two fish plates, a good bottle of wine (it was very very good), a dessert plate. Everything we ate was delicious. I have to say that they are great in cooking, they are using very good quality ingredients I guess. It was so clear from the taste of anything. The olive oil, the tomatoes on the fish, the bread they served, everything everything was heavenly delicious! Both the owner and the boy working there, they were super polite and sincere. The owner had a peaceful smile on his face all the time. They run the restaurant as family I guess, there were huge pics of their babies on the wall. Everything was wonderful and beyond expectations. At the end we paid 90 euro for 2 pp inclduing the cheese plate for 2, 2 fish dishes, dessert tasting for 2, a bottle of wine (it was around 20 euro) coffee and water. We were super full and satisfied. If I become rich one day, I will go to La Spezia from Rome just to eat there for lunch and dinner and i will come back home with my helicopter.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank smysmy
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Charming”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Charming little osteria - you'd better make a reservation - in a typical cantina. Owner does sercice, is very friendy and his wife is in the kitchen, which you can see from the dining tables. This is authentic Italian cuisine, but elaborated to be better than the average stuff! Great choice of wine, lovely desserts and price is correct - a very good address!

• Visited May 2013
La Spezia, Italy
“First class Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have eaten there twice now. The first time in February 2011 and the second time in July 2012 when we were able to take advantage of the delightful courtyard. Both time the meals were outstanding. On both occasions I started with the foie gras followed by Branzino on the first occasion and Agnello on the second. Excellent wines and reasonably priced it is my favourite restaurant in town of this genre. Run by a very nice husband and wife team (He is front of house and she is The chef) I consider myself very lucky to have such a quality restaurant less than 400 yards from my front door and really should be going there more often although I did tray on Pasquetta when unfortunately they were full.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Cudgey
Hong Kong, China
“Good Michelin restaurant”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Very good restaurant decoration. I ordered their signature dishes (spaghetti with scampi and truffles and fish wrapped in bacon). The seafood were all fresh and tasteful. I am sure I'd go there once more if I go to La Spezia again.

Visited May 2013