“Best Pizza of my Trip”

Price range: US$19 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: From appetizers to seafood served with fresh vegetables first, our chef offers traditional dishes of Liguria and Tuscany made with inventiveness and creativity. From our kitchen dishes out meat (Florentine and cut) and fish (spaghetti sauce muscles of the spice plantations, baked fish like sea bream and sea bass caught exclusively in the Gulf of La Spezia, mixed with fried anchovies of Monterosso) , vegetables and legumes (linguine "Gulf of Poets", trofie pesto with potatoes and green beans, mesciua). We choose ingredients, always fresh, chosen to ensure fully enjoy the taste of the good products of Liguria. Serve it with wine accompanying each dish suitable: from the cellars of Tuscany and Liguria choose Chianti, Brunello and Rosso di Montalcino wines, Vermentino from Liguria and t
Reviewed 14 July 2012

With a couple of hours to kill in La Spezia before my train to Roma, I wandered down from the train station and chose this spot at random. I'm very glad I did.

I grabbed a seat on the patio and ordered a beer and the Zola pizza (tomato, mozzarella, and gorgonzola - and only 5.50 Euros). After ordering, a waitress came by with a complimentary apperitivo, unexpected but very much appreciated.

The pizza was a perfect Neapolitan style pizza with the glutinous, blistered crust, the sweet tomato sauce, and a wonderfully pungent gorgonzola. Incredible value for the money.

If you're looking for a quick, inexpensive, and quality meal close to the train station, I would strongly suggest La Tavernetta.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We arrived at a busy time of the night but were happy to wait for a seat. Rather than risk losing our custom, we were ushered downstairs along with three other couples and then waited and waited and waited for the meal. It was like sitting in a dungeon. Some people left before the meal arrived. We did not return.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Lovely food and service,not to mention the vino and nibbles.Just a very relaxing place to be

Reviewed 14 November 2011

The best pizza i have ever eaten! The pasta is incredible with a lot of different dishes! Dont forget to try the fantastic white wine frizante! And for dessert fall in love with crema catalana..

1  Thank Steleas
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Some of the best food we had on our trip. I am not an anchovie lover but the pasta, sauce and chopped fish made this dish truly memorable. The wine was lovely, the service friendly and competant, and the prices were a real value. I am definitely coming back here!