“Exquisite food, but have to book previously !!!”
Review of Osteria da Bartali

Osteria da Bartali
Ranked #17 of 489 Restaurants in La Spezia
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It's easy to find, but definitely have to book before especially on weekends. We had to wait for 1 hour to be seated, but the food was very tasty. The octopus with olives is a must try !!! Delicious

2  Thank BeeNato

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We managed to get a table (as it was packed) after a short wait. The fish and seafood were excellent. A short menu but everything that we had was delicious. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying what they had too. Very quirky interior added to the charm. Service was fast and friendly. Recommended.

1  Thank c b
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Another one! TA says open till midnight, website says closed on Tuesday, but we came Wednesday evening, after another fail in La Spezia, and was closed.. noghing else to comment.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and it has long been on my bucket list to visit Cinque Terra. Rooms were booked there so we rented an apartment in Le Spezia. On our first night we cleaned up from our hiking and photography and dressed up to go to dinner. So many restaurants to choose from so I jumped on TripAdvisor in our apartment and found this restaurant that had great reviews and was pretty close to where we were staying. As we walked up to the restaurant we could see open tables both inside and out and also people enjoying their food at the tables that were seated.

The waiter was talking to a couple at the entrance and so we stood back not wanting to intrude on the conversation and waited patiently. When he finally turned our way I held up two fingers indicating we had two in our party. He said to me "are you french?" We said no. He said "oh American, I'm sorry but we have no tables for you tonight!." We looked over at two tables right in front of us he said no. We saw through the doors and saw open tables there also and he said "perhaps you can go somewhere else tonight, we are full." We were shocked! We were dressed casual nice, plenty for this restaurant, had freshly showered and cleaned up and we were being refused because we were American. Never in my life have I been treated so rudely by any establishment.

Needless to say there are plenty of other great restaurants in this town and we were able to walk to one of those and be seated and enjoyed a great meal. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

5  Thank RodGaj
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

The food was almost perfect, but the service was a little slow. Having said that, we also understand that "Slow Food" is a very big trend in Italy right now, so it is hard to tell whether it was the service that it was slow or the way things were cooked. Anyway, again, the food was really good, and the price was reasonable, so if we go back to La Spezia, we will come back. It is a very nice alternative to typical touristy osterias, that have the same pizza-pasta combination in all of them around Italy, rather than focusing on the local products and cuisine.