“Decent room but service isn't too good.”
Review of NH La Spezia

NH La Spezia
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in La Spezia
Quezon City, Philippines
“Decent room but service isn't too good.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here overnight while on a tour.

The room was clean but quite disappointing. We stayed for several nights just days before in NH Barcelona and the quality of this hotel is far from the quality of NH Calderon. We were a big group and my brother-in-law's room had a toilet so small, they could barely stretch their arms to take a bath. Plus, the shower head in their toilet just fell when they were using it.

Breakfast was good. The dinner we had in the hotel was not too great.

Reception wasn't too accommodating when my husband was trying to mail some postcards. They weren't too helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had to carry heavy luggage up a flight of stairs, didn't get much help from the staff, wait long for the elevator that operates poorly, and not get a welcome feeling from any of the staff. No, I will never go back to this hotel, even if it's relatively inexpensive. It was cheap in more ways.

Travellers are raving about these La Spezia hotels

Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Entrance to the lobby is unfriendly to those with big luggage. No ramp, just stairs. No one helped us.

Elevator is small, room is really small, shower is EXTREMELY small!

Good thing we're only spending 1 night here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had the simplest query that can be asked by any tourist. I needed help on mailing postcards. Coming from Spain and France, I knew that international stamps only costed around 0.90 Euros. The reception guy was so sure that it wasn't 0.90 Euros. He said it would be at least 1.50 Euros, but since he didn't know how much it really was, he just told me he couldn't help me and I should just go to a Tabac store the following morning.

Such a simple tourist request and the hotel couldn't help. That's what I call lousy service!!!

Melbourne
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very central hotel in a nice area too bad the manager has no respect for the guests. We had a deal for three nights with dinner and breakfast included. i enjoyed the first nights dinner but my partner was very sick the next day and felt it was the fish he had eaten the night before. He refused to eat at the hotel again so I spoke to the manager about the situation and he was defiant that the fish/seafood was the best in the world so it was impossible that this was the cause of my partners sickness. They organised a doctor to see my partner but we have doubts about his qualifications and he dismissed everything we said and blamed the sickness on other factors. The Manager also promised to discount the bill and refund to our travel agent because we would not be eating in the restaurant again this was never done. I really felt he was laughing at me behind my back and I was made to feel stupid. Rooms were average and internet was at extra cost

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Modiin
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We wouldn`t have gone to La Spezia if it wasn`t for the Cinque terre area we wanted to visit. We reserved a room at the NH Hotel in the morning after having our breakfast in Florence (Una Hotel that has a separate review on my behalf) and went by train. We got the suite that has the view to the port for a very low rate which was much more then decent. The big windows to the ocean were a great bonus for a place just to stay over night. We ended up staying two nights as the Cinque Terre required a whole day. The hotel room was a nice, warm and welcoming place to come back to. The bathtub was comfortable, the room was very clean and big, the front desk was very friendly and helpful and even La Spezia turned out to be a very nice quiet city. The breakfast was nothing exceptional but sufficient even for people who don`t eat meet in the morning. Everything was close and easy as La Spezia seemed like a small place to us. One evening we had supper at the hotel and I wouldn`t recommend to do that but other then that everything was just what we needed and we couldn`t expect more. Cinque Terre and a good restaurant in La Spezia will get separate reviews.

Room Tip: The one thing that bothered me was that the extra bed we requested for out daughter was folded insid...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Adar C
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The front desk staff provided not only exceptional service in helping us with transportation connections to Barcelona; but, also arranged our first night in that beautiful city. Overall, my wife and I really appreciated the friendly and positive attitude of NH staff we met in several Italian cities and in Barcelona. This hotel chain was very dependable for us and we look forward to using their services in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple