We, like many others, stayed here because every hotel in Cinque Terre was booked solid. We had not heard many nice things about La Spezia, but were actually pleasantly surprised and the drive to Cinque Terre was easy.
The hotel was insanely expensive for what it was. The room was ok- clean and comfortable. The shower was just a stand up shower and the shower head was as big as the shower- so I had to turn off the water in order to lather up.
Most of the staff was friendly. We missed breakfast, but asked for coffee twice in the morning and never got it. Parking is around the block. You can pay 8euro for outside parking or 18euro for covered parking. In order to park though, you have to call the desk to have them open the gate- so you better have an international plan! Both times we called- we had to wait a while before they opened the gate. the second time we had to call twice. The parking issue could have been because it is under construction.
The hotel was fine- but for about the money we paid for the night, I was annoyed by many little items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia