Let's face it - La Spezia in itself is a bland and uninteresting town, so you won't likely be staying here because of it. However, this hotel is right next to the train station, and thus on the beautiful, scenic Cinque Terre rail line - you can be in Riomaggiore in 5 minutes, and access to the other villages in the CT is also straightforward.
The Firenze e Continentale is a very good hotel - it's traditional without being dated. I particularly liked the modern bathroom, and hope that future renovations will bring the already pleasant rooms up to the same standards. Service was efficient and friendly, and breakfast was served in a rooftop restaurant overlooking the mountains.
Two minor negatives - the air conditioning is unbearably loud when switched on, and I didn't find a safe in my room (though genuinely could have missed it).
All in all, I don't think you could find a better base for visiting this region of Italy, and would strongly recommend this hotel on that basis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia