We went here as a home-base to visit Cinque Terra as it is more affordable and easier to get to (we were coming from Paris and the 9-hour train ride meant we arrived too late to go into Cinque Terra that night).
This is probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Although it was super convenient and right beside the train station - which is what we wanted - staying beside a train station is never really nice. But WOW inside was amazing.
Big, plush rooms, huge bathrooms with either claw-foot tubs or cascading luxury showers, excellent staff, old-world style sitting lounges, nice restaurant (although we didn't eat there, it looked nice).
But the best part: The free breakfast blew me away. There is a skylight looking onto the rolling hills (there was a thunderstorm one morning and it was spectacular!!) and the food? Different cheeses, rich granola with hot or cold milk, fresh juices, eggs, breads, fruit, fresh cappuccino (of course) etc etc etc. I still think about it and wish I was there. SIGH!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia