This hotel is in a great location for a base to explore the Cinque Terre. The staff are welcoming, professional and an excellent source of information. The top floor breakfast room provides a very good breakfast. Make sure to dine at the restaurant across the street; an informal atmosphere with fabulous food.
Opposite the hotel is the railway station and its underground pubic car park, which costs 18 Euro a day.
We stayed in Room 15, a “superior room” on the first floor which has the benefit of access to a large shared balcony and had the advantage of being able to log into the free Wi-Fi in the downstairs public areas.
The room had a large comfy bed, a mini bar fridge (no price list, but be careful its not free!). There’s a safe, a jug and instant tea & coffee, a small flat screen tv with Italian-only channels and a (1) robe and slippers.
The bathroom is small as is the shower cubical. The huge shower head puts out a deluge that can be difficult to get away from. To sit on the toilet you have to sit side saddle. A hairdryer & toiletries are provided. Overall, we had a very comfortable stay in a great location for exploring the Cinque Terre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Blastness , Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia