Stayed 3 nights solo in double-room in June 2013. Room on 3rd floor, with front view, was huge and had large integrated closet in entrance, big comfortable bed, table and chair, lovely and well-equipped bathroom, plenty amenities. Surprisingly, the walls of the room were bare, having no pictures or frames hung up, which gave a not-so-warm atmosphere to this otherwise elegant and comfortable space. Breakfast room was nice and cosy and gave access to a terrace which offered a great view of the surroundings. Buffet-style sweet and savoury breakfast was plentiful, offering fresh, local and quality food products. Eggs were offered scrambled or uncooked for guests to boil their own to their liking in a special boiled-egg cooker (Neet!). Likewise, a conveyor-toaster allowed them to toast their preferred type of bread. Coffee was ordinary. Other beverages were also offered. Specialty coffees (espresso, cappuccino, etc.) were available at bar in lobby. Well-functioning WiFi, though with different usernames and passwords for lobby and rooms, was available. Staff was professional, discreet, efficient and helpful. Within steps from and to the train station, this hotel is a plus whether one is arriving from a strenuous journey, wishes to visit the Cinque Terre or has to leave early; also, it is in La Spezia, which is all by itself a very nice place to spend a couple of days. Privilege location of hotel and lesser accommodations of the sort in this part of Italy probably justify its higher rates. I recommend this hotel and personally wouldn't mind staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Blastness , Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia