What a wonderful hotel. At first glance I was not too taken with the area as it is very close to the train station, so no real atmosphere there. But I quickly learned that La Spezia is really only a gateway to the Cinque Terre and surrounds, so you really do want to be close to the train station, as La Spezia itself does not have a great deal to keep you there (though i did experience some wonderful restaurants).
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I think i got a room that has already been renovated for the upcoming upgrade to 4star. I had a HUGE marble bathroom and a large bedroom area with a walk-up wardrobe. It was lovely.
On the downside - as they are doing a reno, there is a little bit of noise (though it was kept to reasonable hours) and the occassional whiff of paint did assail my nose from time to time.
But, a lovely breakfast each morning (they dont really advertise it, but you can ask the lady there for a cappucino) and an aperetif in the bar each night, on my return from one of the gorgeous towns nearby, made me quite happy.
Get in there quick, before they get their 4 star and the prices increase, there is nowhere even close in quality this close to the railway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia